Job Summary: Serve as a valued business partner within the property by developing proficiency in operations excellence, team effectiveness, change management and organization development. Establishes all policies and procedures pertaining to Human Resources administration and customer relations for the hotel and casino operation.
Qualifications: A four-year college degree from an accredited program required; MBA is highly preferred. A minimum of five years casino gaming and/or hospitality industry management required. Must have superior interpersonal, analytical skills, communication and management skills. Must be able to influence within all levels of an organization and serve as a change agent in order achieve desired results related to guest service. Excellent organization and communication skills required. Professional appearance a must.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for administering Human Resource policies relating to recruitment of competent staff, diversity and EEO compliance, training and development of staff, compensation, benefits and other employee services.
• Assures all Human Resource policies, related activities and programs are in compliance with state and federal regulations where applicable.
• Responsible for communicating new policies and procedures relating to the Human Resource to all department heads affected.
• Works with managers and supervisors to ensure that team members clearly understand and are held accountable for their respective performance expectations.
• Responsible for budgetary control of department within the area of influence. Responsible for the execution of programs that boost employee morale.
• Provide leadership to the executive and management teams on the execution of the business’ strategic mission.
• Serves as a leader while fostering team work, employee morale, motivation and open communication.
• Acts as a role model and coaches while developing employees using consistent, approachable demeanor and clearly articulating expectations.
• Provides direction and support for all staff to achieve company goals and objectives through the fair application of all policies and procedures.
• Provides appropriate recognition and rewards to individuals and groups when consistent superior performance is attained.
• Works as a change agent to improve and streamline departmental operations, through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work processes and program effectiveness/value.
• Establishes and endorses the business objectives, ethics and values of the company.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
Able to correspond via telephone and electronic mail.
Must be fluent and literate in English.
Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling guest and employee conflicts.
Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property, and from floor to floor via stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
Must be able to work a varied schedule, holidays, and weekends.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must qualify for, obtain, and maintain a gaming license from the Indiana Gaming Commission.
About Caesars Entertainment
Caesars Entertainment Corporation owns or manages through various subsidiaries more than 50 casinos in the United States and internationally, primarily under the Caesars, Harrah's and Horseshoe brand names. We provide great customer service in exciting and entertaining environments, with the goal of becoming the overwhelming first choice for casino entertainment.
Our people concentrate on building loyalty and value for our customers, employees, business partners and communities by making us the most service-oriented, geographically diversified company in gaming.