College Marketing Representative will be an advocate for artists that The Orchard distributes through online and in-person marketing, you’ll act professionally, courteously and respectfully while you promote two artists per month in your college town and on campus, as well as one-off promotions as they arise. Our focus will be on new releases and tour support.
- Liaise with your college radio station, college newspaper and local sites/rags to exploit all opportunities, such as reviews, radio plays and interviews
- Stock checks in local record stores
- Hang posters at record stores, lifestyle shops and on campus
- Attend competitive shows to hand out schwag
- Attend our artists shows to hand out schwag and get feedback
- Research appropriate online sites, forums, networks for the target market
- Report on your accomplishments every 2 weeks
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4 year university
- A love of music
- A deep interest in the music business
- An active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and, hopefully, YouTube
- Well-written and well-spoken
- Friendly, polite, persuasive and determined
- A digital camera
- Availability of at least ten hours a week
- Flexible scheduling for conference calls and tour coverage
- Opportunity to express your creativity in your concert/album reviews, as well as while brainstorming promotional ideas for various artists
- Access to inside information that will improve your marketing outreach
- Free ticket into our artists’ shows & possible meet and greet passes
- Real world music industry experience
- + many more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
About The Orchard
Music and video industry pioneers since 1997 with a global distribution platform, comprehensive digital strategies and sophisticated technology solutions.