College Marketing Representative will be an advocate for artists that The Orchard distributes through online and in-person marketing, you’ll act professionally, courteously and respectfully while you promote two artists per month in your college town and on campus, as well as one-off promotions as they arise. Our focus will be on new releases and tour support.
- Liaise with your college radio station, college newspaper and local sites/rags to exploit all opportunities, such as reviews, radio plays and interviews
- Stock checks in local record stores
- Hang posters at record stores, lifestyle shops and on campus
- Attend competitive shows to hand out schwag
- Attend our artists shows to hand out schwag and get feedback
- Research appropriate online sites, forums, networks for the target market
- Report on your accomplishments every 2 weeks
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4 year university
- A love of music
- A deep interest in the music business
- An active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and, hopefully, YouTube
- Well-written and well-spoken
- Friendly, polite, persuasive and determined
- A digital camera
- Availability of at least ten hours a week
- Flexible scheduling for conference calls and tour coverage
- Opportunity to express your creativity in your concert/album reviews, as well as while brainstorming promotional ideas for various artists
- Access to inside information that will improve your marketing outreach
- Free ticket into our artists’ shows & possible meet and greet passes
- Real world music industry experience
- + many more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.