Create is looking for an intern to work with our team full time during our Summer Internship (June 1 – August 31).
– Be passionate about and have an open mind towards all genres of music.
– Be driven towards a career in the music and/or entertainment industry.
– Be well-versed in Internet culture and social media platforms.
– Enjoy scanning through YouTube videos for hours and keeping business opportunities in mind.
– Be able to manage time wisely and stay laser-focused between daily tasks.
– Be able to organize large amounts of information carefully and efficiently.
– Be proficient/familiar with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
– Be a student or recent college grad.
– Have a strong understanding of the online video market (YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Musical.ly) and other digital platforms.
Intern will assist our YouTube Copyright supervisors by providing extensive research on music markets and monetization opportunities. Topics for exploration include client acquisition strategy. You will spend the day gathering analytics on potential clients and other avenues for expansion; this information must be compiled into spreadsheets for review. Day-to-day office tasks include but not limited to: running staff errands, updating spreadsheets and other administrative work. If needed, intern will also assist marketing and PR team (on per-project basis) with blog posts, social media posts, client research, etc.
You must be willing to treat every experience as an opportunity to grow. This is not an experience in production or content creation. Rather, you will learn how to navigate the daily operations of research and development for an MCN, and you will begin establishing your own network of music industry connections.
Compensation: A small reimbursement stipend will be given at the end of each full month worked. Academic credit is also available.
About Create Music Group
We are Create Music, one of the fastest growing music-tech startups in the entertainment industry. As a multi-channel network (MCN), we monetize over 3.5 billion monthly music streams by our clients. We also operate a number of different services out of our 13,000 sq. foot facility in the heart of Hollywood: digital music distribution, YouTube monetization, artist development, publicity/marketing, and music video production. Label Engine, our distribution and technology arm, powers over 4000 record labels and artists worldwide via digital distribution, accounting, and promotion services.
We work with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including Future, Migos, UZ, Will Sparx, MAKJ, Hopsin, One Direction’s Josh Devine, Soulja Boy, and Sam Tsui. Moreover, we collaborate with record labels such as Never Say Die, Hospital Records, Firepower, Disciple Records, Shogun Audio, Kannibalen, and many others. How we're different than a record label is that we strive to keep artists independent. We welcome you to join us and to become a part of Create as we reinvent the music industry!