A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced music trade journalist to join Music Week as Deputy Editor.
The role will suit a driven individual with extensive experience reporting on music business developments, a good reputation within the trade and a full contact book.
Duties will include working with the Editor to drive editorial for the brand across print, digital and events and working closely with the Publisher and Editor to exploit new product development/business development.
Required skills and experience
- An experienced music trade journalist with a knowledge of the industry and a full contact book
- Able to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Able to manage a team of writers
- Self-motivated and determined to drive ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Disciplined work ethic
- Team player
- Knowledge of Word and Excel is essential
- A good working knowledge of the web, social media and CMS is desirable
- Knowledge of InDesign is desirable
About NewBay Media
We connect our audiences to authoritative, informative, and compelling content, in print, digitally, and in person, and to offer unsurpassed value and innovation for our advertisers, sponsors, and business partners.
At the Content Center of the World’s Most Dynamic Industries — Music, AV/Pro Audio, Consumer Electronics/Gaming, Video & Broadcast, and Education.
We connect and inform millions of constituents in these markets through our award-winning content, integrated media capabilities, and high-profile network-building, informative events. Our unparalleled reach provides marketing partners with exciting, engaging, and effective targeted communities, and connects them with decision makers and influencers across these markets.