Social Media & Content QC Specialist Part-Time Contractor
Location: San Francisco
Terms: Part-Time Contractor
About Dubset Media
Dubset Media is a rights management and music distribution company. The company was built on creating simple solutions to solve complex licensing issues in the music industry to distribute DJ mixes and remixes. To achieve this, Dubset’s team has built industry leading rights management, identification technology, licensing, and distribution platform called MixBANK.
While Dubset’s MixBANK can support any digital derivate content that uses copyrighted originals, we initially focused on making DJ mixes and remixes legally available to hundreds of millions of users through leading music streaming services. This gives the music services the DJ content they and their users seek, the DJs a way to reach their fans, and the rights holders (labels and publishers) new revenue opportunities while controlling usage and distribution of mixes and remixes that used songs from their catalogs.
Do you like music? Are you interested in solving complex problems? At Dubset Media, you can be part of a growing team of talented engineers, music content experts, business teams, and thought leaders shaping the future of music licensing & distribution.
Dubset Media is seeking a Social Media & Content QC Specialist to support the Content Operations department. The key functions of the Content Operations department are to onboard new accounts, manage delivered content and its associated assets, research and report discrepancies in delivered & processed catalog counts, and help clear and distribute DJ mixes and remixes to music services. This individual will have a well-rounded background with emphasis in social media, presentation creation, research, data-mining and passion for music information (metadata). A motivated self-starter (who can multi-task) with interests and understanding of the DJ culture and music.
This position reports to the Dubset’s Content Ops Contractor Manager.
Depending on the candidate’s qualifications, tasks and projects may include, but will not be limited to:
· Create, maintain, and develop daily, weekly, and monthly social media reports
· Maintain social media calendar, updating it to include new engagement metrics and recently published posts
· Update weekly social media metrics
· Identify & relevant social profiles to follow and engage with
· Call out comments and or posts Dubset should be engaging with on company accounts
· Take, organize, and maintain screenshots of VIP content featured on streaming services as well as company and third-party social media posts
· QC and record label & publisher MixBANK deliveries in Salesforce
· QC and identify discrepancies in delivered and processed label & publisher catalog count information in MixBANK
Education & Experience
· Associate’s degree and or music industry experience equivalent (Bachelor’s degree a plus)
· Must have a ridiculous amount of passion for EDM and DJ music, and is overly consumed by its data
· Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
· An understanding of UI, UX, databases, and digital music distribution
· Experience with digital music technologies services
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills
· Proficient in PowerPoint and Google Slides, with the ability to make reporting more visual
· Meticulous attention to detail while being proficient in Metadata, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Internet research, and data mining
· Knowledge of basic music industry formatting standards, metadata, ISRC, UPC, and headers is preferred
· Ability to multi task, prioritize, and work efficiently in rapid paced environment
· Takes ownership and drives issues to closure
· Strong team player that thrives in a rapid-paced and fluid entrepreneurial environment
· Critical thinker able to concisely represent a point of view
· Professional demeanor, strong presence, and ability to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization
· Makes colleagues more productive and successful
· Genuine passion for music
About Dubset Media
Dubset offers an innovative music marketplace for DJs, artists, labels, publishers, and distributors. Through cutting-edge technology, a rights management database, and easy to use dashboards, Dubset is creating new mix & remix distribution and monetization opportunities built on transparency, ownership control, and simplicity.