Editorial Operations Part-Time Contractor
Location: San Francisco
Terms: Part-Time Contractor
About Dubset Media
Dubset Media is a rights management and music distribution company. The company was built on creating simple solutions to solve complex licensing issues in the music industry to distribute DJ mixes and remixes. To achieve this, Dubset’s team has built industry leading rights management, identification technology, licensing, and distribution platform called MixBANK.
While Dubset’s MixBANK can support any digital derivate content that uses copyrighted originals, we initially focused on making DJ mixes and remixes legally available to hundreds of millions of users through leading music streaming services. This gives the music services the DJ content they and their users seek, the DJs a way to reach their fans, and the rights holders (labels and publishers) new revenue opportunities while controlling usage and distribution of mixes and remixes that used songs from their catalogs.
Do you like music? Are you interested in solving complex problems? At Dubset Media, you can be part of a growing team of talented engineers, music content experts, business teams, and thought leaders shaping the future of music licensing & distribution.
Dubset Media is seeking an Editorial Operations Specialist. The key functions of the Editorial Operations department are research and QC to help clear and distribute DJ mixes and remixes to music services. This individual will have a versed background with emphasis in research, data-mining and passion for music information. A motivated self-starter with interests and understanding of the EDM/DJ culture and music.
This position reports to the Dubset’s Content Ops Contractor Manager, but would primarily work closely with the Editorial Operations team.
· Quality control – review and ensure accuracy of DJ content Dubset distributes to top music services
· Editorial research – research and identify copyright information
· Product QA/Tech Support – assist with QA of new features, releases, and automation testing
· Label and Publishing copyright research and sourcing
· Creating, maintaining, and developing metrics for daily, weekly and monthly content reporting
· Creating and maintaining charts of popular music based on internal and external data points
Education & Experience
· Associate’s degree and or music industry experience equivalent (Bachelor’s degree a plus)
· Must have a ridiculous amount of passion for EDM and DJ music, and is overly consumed by its data
· A working knowledge of DJ software is preferred
· A working knowledge and understanding of rights associated with label, publisher, composer & writer credits
· An understanding of UI, UX, databases, and digital music distribution
· Experience with digital music technologies services
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail while being proficient in Metadata, Excel, Google Docs, Internet research, and data mining
· Knowledge of basic music industry formatting standards, metadata, ISRC, UPC, and headers is preferred
· Ability to multi task, prioritize, and work efficiently in rapid paced environment
· Takes ownership and drives issues to closure
· Strong team player that thrives in a rapid-paced and fluid entrepreneurial environment
· Critical thinker able to concisely represent a point of view
· Professional demeanor, strong presence, and ability to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization
· Makes colleagues more productive and successful
· Genuine passion for music
About Dubset Media
Dubset offers an innovative music marketplace for DJs, artists, labels, publishers, and distributors. Through cutting-edge technology, a rights management database, and easy to use dashboards, Dubset is creating new mix & remix distribution and monetization opportunities built on transparency, ownership control, and simplicity.