SUBMISSIONS DUE MAY 3RD!
Electric Forest and Bud Light are on the hunt for instrumental, acoustic, and vocal musicians interested in performing at Electric Forest 2015! This year with guest judges Nattali Rize, Pan Astral, and The Accidentals, the Instrumental Forester competition will be bigger than ever before!
One act will receive…
– One (1) 30+ minute set at Electric Forest 2015
– Up to five (5) artist festival wristbands, including camping, for performing band members
– A $500 travel stipend
Video auditions will be accepted April 9th – May 3rd, 2015 at 11:59 pm Eastern time.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Read the rules below! We can’t accept entries if they don’t follow the rules!
2. Create a video in which you…
– Introduce yourselves and the name of your act, if different.
– Share if you’ve been to Electric Forest in the past.
– Perform an original composition in its entirety, in view of the camera.
3. Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo, titled “Electric Forest Instrumental Forester” and post it on the Electric Forest Facebook Page to share it with the community.
4. Submit your entry via the form below!
Thanks to our friends at Bud Light for working with us to take this opportunity to the next level. Click their logo to visit them and show some love.
Your video must be a NEW video created specifically for this program, featuring your original composition performed live.
– Your video must be a NEW video created specifically for this program, featuring your original composition performed live.
– Please only submit one video.
– Video may not contain any references to illicit activities.
– Winner will be chosen based on creativity, quality of performance, technical skill, and appropriateness for the venue.
– All of the performers for whom credentials are requested must be featured in the video performance.
– The use of electric guitars, electric violins, et all; midi controllers, live looping, vocals, etc. is allowed, as long as instruments are also involved. – – This contest is not appropriate for DJ-style acts.
– Any contestant submitting work that is not 100% their own will be disqualified.
– You must agree that you will not submit entries that are copyrighted, protected by trademark or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owners to submit the material to this contest in full compliance with these official rules.
– You must agree that you will not submit entries that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive or otherwise annoying—or encouraging any criminal behavior—or give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate, as may be determined by the sponsors, or contrary to the sponsors’ other state policies and procedures where applicable.
About Electric Forest
Electric Forest attracts Foresters from all over the country and the world to Rothbury, Michigan to experience four days of music, camping, and art with friends old and new. There is no experience quite like Electric Forest, and if you've been there then you know that you carry a piece of the Forest with you forever!
Those of us at Madison House Presents and Insomniac are consistently in awe of the depth and breadth of the Electric Forest community. While firmly rooted in the music that brings us all together, Electric Forest is more than just a music festival: it is a truly collaborative experience – an intersection of artful expression, adventures that awaken the spirit, and interactions that nurture our connection to each other and our world, making our community stronger.
This shared experience is why we are a Forest Family, and why Electric Forest feels like coming home.