Director, Motown Musician Accelerator
gener8tor, in partnership with Capitol Music Group, Motown Museum and TechTown Detroit, is seeking a full-time Director to establish and manage the Motown Musician Accelerator. The Motown Musician Accelerator offers emerging artists the resources, coaching, and network they need to develop their careers as musicians.
- Plan logistics, coordinate and execute Motown Musician Accelerator programs and related activities (workshops, showcases, etc.).
- Recruit, vet and help select musicians to participate in Motown Musician Accelerator.
- Build relationships with stakeholders in the music and entertainment industry both locally and nationally (musicians, managers, record labels, producers, distributors, mentors, service providers, etc.).
- Coordinate with Motown Musician Accelerator stakeholders and sponsors.
- Act as the lead mentor for and continuously support Motown Musician Accelerator musicians and alumni.
- Support the gener8tor team across all product lines to build connectivity between cities and programs: gener8tor, gBETA, gALPHA, OnRamp, Fellowships, etc.
- Manage Motown Musician Accelerator communications and social media platforms.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, organized.
- Experience and existing relationships in the music and entertainment industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships.
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the industry, even if already familiar.
- Flexibility to travel and work some nights and weekends– we’re not a Monday-Friday, 9-5 operation!
- At least one year of program or product management experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality.
To apply, send your resume or qualifications along with a few paragraphs on why you’d be an amazing fit in this role
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Motown Musician Accelerator Director.” The application deadline is
May 17, 2019.
gener8tor is a turnkey platform for the creative economy that connects startups, entrepreneurs, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships focused on entrepreneurs, artists and musicians.
gener8tor is a nationally ranked, GOLD-tier accelerator in the U.S. as ranked by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project: seedrankings.com.