Backstage is seeking a super savvy Digital Marketing Designer. The Designer will be involved in all aspects of landing page, email, modal, partner tool-kits, banners and other marketing products design and execution. The Designer will work both on Sonicbids.com (career site for musicians) and Backstage.com (career site for actors). Front-end engineering skills is a huge plus. This position is for our New York, NY offices. For consideration, please include cover letter with link to online portfolio. Portfolio needs to include links to websites and/or apps that he/she previously contributed to.
- Design, develop and execute marketing emails, landing pages, modals, partner tool-kits and other digital marketing products
- Revise and create presentation graphics, icons, slides that are on brand
- Manage and implement brand guidelines
- Express complex ideas in a simple, clever and appealing way
- Manage projects from beginning to end, create and manage timelines
- Participate in brainstorms and concept development
- Support lead product designers (and receive mentoring on product design)
- Quick and detailed design with the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects for Sonicbids and Backstage simultaneously
- Work with teams that are based in multiple locations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years graphic design experience
- Expert use of Adobe CS (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Exceptional attention to detail on both form and function
- Ability to code HTML and CSS
- Understanding of best practices as it relates to landing page and email design (and further optimization)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic work environment
- A can do attitude
Backstage LLC (owner of Backstage.com, Backstage Magazine and Sonicbids.com) is seeking a free-lance to hire Graphic Designer. For more than 50 years, Backstage Magazine has been the most trusted place for actors to find career advice and casting information. Today Backstage consists of a weekly print magazine and Web publication. Backstage recently acquired the music booking and marketing platform, Sonicbids, which connects more than 400,000 bands with 30,000 promoters from over 100 different countries. Sonicbids is currently expanding to include a digital publication geared toward musicians, which will specialize in career-building resources, advice from music industry professionals, music business news and more.
Backstage helps performers find casting calls and land auditions in New York, Los Angeles, and across the United States for theater, (Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off-Broadway, cabaret, and more), television series, reality TV and documentaries, feature films, student films, music videos, radio, voice-overs, comedy clubs, photo shoots, and more! Backstage helps actors, writers, models, performers, and crew members get auditions and find work in the genres and venues they love.
The only worldwide print and online casting resource, Backstage reaches thousands of highly trained, experienced, and specialized performers every week. With Backstage, casting directors find exactly the talent they need when they need it, while actors get the inside scoop on performance and job opportunities.
Pick up a copy of Backstage or visit backstage.com to read news, interviews, and acting advice; to watch acting and entertainment industry-related videos; and to view and apply to thousands of casting notices nationwide.