We are looking for designers with taste and vision to work with us making the next generation of interfaces for Ableton’s products; someone that understands that design is about how it works, but that things work better when they look and feel great.
We want to work with people who believe that software has more to offer than pictures of hardware. It’s important that you know what it takes to ship a feature, not just create deliverables. Finally we want to work with people that understand (or are willing to learn) the considerations of designing interfaces for instruments, effects, and workflows that musicians use to make music in real time.
- As part of the product team you’ll work with product designers to extend and refine Ableton’s UI design language. Together you’ll translate this into patterns and principles that can be applied by the wider design team.
- Work with developers to prototype and implement interfaces. Together you’ll help define UI needs that will influence technical and framework choices.
- Work with product owners, stakeholders, and users to understand how people use our products and use this information to define design principles and goals.
- A demonstrated ability to deliver beautiful, usable interfaces. This includes consideration of interaction and motion, not only graphics.
- Experience working with teams of developers and other designers delivering UIs for desktop, mobile, or web applications.
- Experience translating a UI language into guidelines and patterns to be used and applied by a group of designers.
- The skills to present and explain design decisions to non-designers.
- The ability to facilitate, lead, and benefit from design critique.
- The ability to draw on wider discussion from the design and music community to improve the interfaces of our products and our practice of design.
- Fluent English.
- You’re willing and able to relocate to Berlin.
What will make you stand out from the crowd
- You make music (particularly if Live or Push are involved).
- Experience mentoring and developing other designers.
- The ability to prototype and build your designs.
We make Live and Push — unique software and hardware for music creation and performance. With these products, our community of users creates amazing things.
Ableton was founded in 1999 and released the first version of Live in 2001. Our products are used by a community of dedicated musicians, sound designers, and artists from across the world.