We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a hardware development management position focused on iZotope’s current and future hardware products. Qualified applications should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable prior experience managing and mentoring a small team of hardware and embedded software engineers; designing, developing and debugging embedded systems in C/C++ and Assembler; and a passion for music and audio technology. Preferred candidates will have prior experience developing hardware products for audio applications and be familiar with trends in our industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and management of a small team of internal engineers and contract partners focused on iZotope’s hardware products
- Close collaboration with product and project management to define, architect and implement embedded systems for iZotope’s audio hardware products
- Prototyping and development for new product concepts and releases
- Supporting existing products in the market
- Defining and upholding engineering best practices company-wide with other colleagues in Engineering Management
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred.
- 8 or more years of C/C++ and Assembler development experience
- Prior experience managing a team of hardware engineers
- Hands on experience in embedded systems development and electrical engineering
- Working knowledge of DSP
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Team leader
- Experience developing for the ARM family of processors and/or experience with FPGA configuration and design
- Experience developing hardware products for audio and music applications
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with desktop software development using Microsoft Visual Studio and/or Apple Xcode
- Experience with GIT
About iZotope, Inc.
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.