Izotope is seeking a Principal Hardware Engineer.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for a principal hardware engineering position focused on iZotope‘s current and future hardware products. Qualified applications should have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience providing technical leadership for a small team of hardware and embedded software engineers; designing, developing and debugging embedded systems in C/C++ and Assembler; and a passion for music and audio technology. Preferred candidates will have prior experience developing hardware products for audio applications and be familiar with trends in our industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Technical leadership for a new team of internal engineers and contract partners focused on iZotope’s hardware products
- Prototyping and development for new product concepts and releases
- Supporting existing products in the market
- Close collaboration with product and project management to define, architect and implement embedded systems for iZotope’s audio hardware products
- Defining and upholding engineering best practices company-wide with other Senior Engineers and Engineering Management
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 8 or more years of C/C++ and Assembler development experience
- Prior experience in an embedded systems engineering role
- Working knowledge of DSP
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Team leader
- Experience developing for the ARM family of processors and/or experience with FPGA configuration and design
- Experience developing hardware products for audio and music applications
- Experience working with product managers to define and implement product requirements
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with desktop software development using Microsoft Visual Studio and/or Apple Xcode
- Experience with GIT
Check back at EDMJobs.com for more music listings like Principal Hardware Engineer
About iZotope, Inc.
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.