As Scrum Master, you will work in service of your teams’ needs, shepherding their objectives, process, and artifacts while focusing on facilitation of continuous improvement. You will help the teams remain focused on their sprint goals while staying connected to their releases, the product lines, and the overall company mission. You should be willing to lend a hand to actively support your teams as needed, whether representing them to stakeholders or assisting in day-to-day team efforts. You will help protect your teams from distractions and impediments, while encouraging excellence, continuous learning, and improvement through a fail-fast mentality.
- Act as the servant leader for 1–2 teams, upholding their ability to self-organize and ensuring that they are equipped with all the tools necessary for success
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospectives, estimation, bug triage, risk assessment and review meetings
- Assist the product owner with managing backlogs—ensuring they are tracked, populated, scoped, and refined for multiple products
- Develop and maintain relevant metrics to help your team(s) track their progress, and have appropriate ways of sharing those metrics across the entire organization (i.e. burndown / burnup, objective tracking, velocity, known risk mitigation, capacity, etc.)
- Take responsibility for highlighting and resolving risks, impediments, and dependencies wherever they are in the organization
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure that the work they do is consistent with our core values and purpose
- Align and coordinate the team’s release plans with other teams, ensuring cross-team interaction and communication is appropriate and smooth
- Other duties / responsibilities as assigned
- You have 3 years in software development, with 2 in an Agile environment and at least 1 in a Scrum Master role
- Thorough knowledge of software engineering principles
- Desired Qualifications
- Working experience with any of the following: SAFe, Agile Development, Scrum, Kanban, CMMI, Six Sigma, XP, TDD, Lean manufacturing / production, A3 problem solving, Servant Leadership, Beta Management
- Software engineering and/or project management background / CS Degree
- Certification in one or more of the following: CSM, CSPO, PMP, PgMP
- Risk Analysis, Management and Mitigation process design and maintenance
- Experience working in a PMO or other multiple-project environment
Skills and Attributes:
- Advocate—Able to represent the team’s best interests and protect those interests when necessary
- Teacher—Able to act as the servant leader for the team and help them internalize Agile/Scrum concepts and principles
- Communicative and Social—Able to adapt verbal and written communication mode and style for teams, individuals, and situations seamlessly and naturally
- Situationally Aware—Be the first to notice risks, impediments, dependencies, and issues as they arise, and take the lead on facilitating resolutions
- Enthusiastic—Positive, high-energy, and driven
- Self-Improving—Must be constantly growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques, and be enthusiastic about sharing these
- Assertive Negotiator—Must have outstanding negotiation skills internally and externally; must be able to be a voice of reason and help make the tough calls to resolve conflicts
- Adaptive Leadership—Ability to lead change in a rapidly evolving organization, even when that change is new to you
- Creative Problem Solver—Must be able to facilitate discussion of multiple approaches to solving problems and drive acceptable resolutions to these issues
Check back at EDMJobs.com for more music industry job listings like Scrum Master at Izotope!
About iZotope, Inc.
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.