UK-based music promotion company is seeking a Junior Publicist for it’s new North American division in Los Angeles. The Junior Publicist will work directly under the North American Head of Press, within the PR department. Clients consist primarily of electronic DJs and producers as well as events (festivals, etc.) also mostly centered around electronic music. The Junior Publicist should therefore be passionate and knowledgeable about electronic music, as well as about the music industry as a whole.
Candidates must be experienced (2+ years) in the realm of music publicity, with developed media relationships (journalists, bloggers, news reporters, etc). Candidates should be able to assist with multiple campaigns at a time, and adapt quickly to changing client demands and to accommodate new business. Candidates should feel comfortable working on a small American team within the framework of a larger well-established European company, and should be dedicated to actively building the brand in North America.
– Writing press releases
– Securing media placements including premieres, news items, event reviews, interviews, etc.
– Working onsite at events including festivals and club shows
– Coordinating with artist managers / tour managers / agents regarding press
– Handling guestlists and interview schedules
– Organizing press events
– Tracking placements and maintaining reports
– Overseeing interns, including hiring and task delegation
– 2+ years music PR experience
– Extensive knowledge of media (blogs, magazines, newspapers, etc) and of the electronic music realm in general
– Strong media relationships nationally
– Professional demeanor with regards to working onsite at events
Salary commensurate with experience. Must be based in Los Angeles.
Please send resume, a note about yourself, and Top 5 favorite electronic artists of 2014.
About Listen Up
Listen Up provides a bespoke 360 promotional service offering radio, club, online and print campaigns in the UK and worldwide, consistently delivering results to clients in a diverse range of musical genres.
Using our expertise across National and Specialist radio, we have developed long-standing relationships with the key Heads of Music, producers and DJs who will help break your record over the airwaves, and our regular contact with the biggest international touring club DJs means we are ideally placed to get your records played at festivals and nightclubs and heard live by music fans across the world.
With in-depth knowledge of the difficult to navigate and constantly evolving world of press we ensure targeted solutions and the delivery of maximum exposure across all channels, both digital and physical. Our experience, credentials and long-standing relationships with the world’s largest and most influential publications and online portals mean that whether it is an artist, record label, event or festival, we can provide a campaign tailored to your needs.
We place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and ideas to fit your needs and maximise your music’s potential.
We’re listening, are you?