Do you want to learn about the music industry from those actually working and succeeding in it? Have access to artist experiences through interviews, meet and greets and VIP access to shows and festivals? Work in a friendly, intimate team environment to become a tastemaker for a high-growth potential company?
Life Backstage is looking for you! We are in need of writers and content creators; the smart and witty types who have a distinct POV and are motivated to share what’s new and next in music genres including EDM, rap, country and hip-hop. If you enjoy working in a group environment, are knowledgeable of music culture and have skills in writing, social media or Word Press please apply!
What you can expect:
- First-hand experience with trusted professionals in the entertainment industry.
- A dynamic environment perfect for developing your talents and allowing you to get your foot in the door.
- Exclusive artist and industry member experiences (interviews, meet and greets and a “life backstage” experience in all we do).
- Free tickets for our shows which including headlining artists as well as up-and-comers.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and/or html is preferred.
- The ability to write and with a captive point-of-view.
- An interest in the music industry, learning from the floor up.
- The time and drive to produce pieces on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Positive attitude and willingness to try new things.
- Previous blog or internship experience is a plus!
Please respond to: email@example.com with a writing sample and answers to the following:
1. Name your top three favorite artists right now.
2. Who is an emerging or underground artist you think deserves more recognition?
3. List ideas you think would make for great pieces on Life Backstage.
4. What other publications (online or in-print) do you read on a weekly basis?
5. Name a trend in music or entertainment you absolutely hate right now and why.
6. What is your motivation for applying to intern/write with Life Backstage?
7. How many posts can you reasonably write in one week or one month?
About Life Backstage
Life Backstage is an insider's perspective on multiple genres of music, mainly focused on electronic, dance, rap and hip-hop. We are backed by Prime Social Group, promotions and productions tastemakers in the Midwest, which hosts the country's largest college festival in addition to hundreds of events throughout the year.