Girlie Action is seeking a Marketing Manager.
Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 3+ years music business experience in marketing and/or project management. Familiarity with a broad range of music is essential. Must be organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate must also have experience with all social media networks and digital music platforms, keeping up with emerging platforms and trends and able to create strategic digital and fan-facing marketing programs.
- Work with clients and staff to develop, execute and implement marketing campaigns and timelines
- Interface directly with artists, managers, booking agents and other third-party partners
- Create budgets, one sheets, reports and sales updates
- Develop, direct and implement digital advertising and direct-to-fan marketing strategies
- Quantify success and efficiency of digital advertising and marketing efforts using a variety of analytics tools
- Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
- Update basic web (light html) and social media
- Develop creative content including music videos, web campaigns, and other promotional marketing assets with in-house staff and outside creative and agencies
- Create play-listing strategies and analyze streaming data to measure efficacy of marketing programs
- Develop marketing partnerships to align client with brands and their music programs
Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships and lifestyle marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, File Maker, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML. Basic video editing skills a plus.
- Contacts in music and related industries including event producers, radio programmers, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc . . .
- Contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets
Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Health Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation Days
Founded in 1994, Girlie Action is full service music marketing agency. We offer a wide range of artist and project management services designed to create and promote music-driven products and content, and to power artists’ careers.
Girlie Action is one of the leading boutique marketing firms in the U.S. specializing in music and pop culture. We have a long-standing reputation for representing some of the most innovative yet popular artists in the United States. We have created marketing campaigns for a variety of lifestyle brands, introducing unique entertainment-driven products and events to the most influential tastemakers in the country.
Since 2011 Girlie Action has also offered a vertically integrated suite of “label services”, providing our clients with the same expertise, infrastructure and marketing services traditionally offered by a large, successful and well-branded indie label.