The Artist Management Internship at C3 Management is a unique opportunity to work directly with some of the most well known artists in the music industry. They include: The Strokes, The Head and The Heart, MS MR, Delta Spirit, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Dismemberment Plan, Rebelution, Bassnectar, GRiZ, Toro Y Moi, Wild Cub and many others.
As AM Intern, you have the opportunity to work with our team and develop skills in managing and marketing a band. The position is a way to get unique view into the ever-changing music industry and marketing.
Applying candidate should be passionate about music and professional in his or her level of communication. Student should be available for 12-15 hrs / week. The position is unpaid and requires college credit.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps organize and upkeep google docs for different tour marketing campaigns.
- Assists with organization and upkeep of band street teams, responding to emails, helping answer questions and making sure we are utilizing them to help promote our shows.
- Assists with packaging and mailing out prize items, promo materials, albums, etc.
- Organizes expense sheets all managers when submitting PO requests.
- Helps collect social media statistics and continues to build our social media numbers through different digital campaigns.
- Curates marketing campaigns by bringing innovative ideas to help promote the band, album releases, tours, etc.
- Helps with small administrative jobs such as updating the calendars for all band’s upcoming show dates.
- Helps gather all bi-monthly updates from all the managers to circulate to the team.
- Other duties, projects, and events as assigned.
- Must be able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s program at an accredited college or university.
- Marketing focus in college is preferred
- Familiarity with current social media platforms.
- Must be a self-motivated, flexible team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail is vital.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project-based and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about music, including music blogs, trends, etc.
- Good problem solver.
- Great attitude – great people skills – team player.
- Ability to multi-task, juggle priorities.
About C3 Presents
WE’RE IN THE BUSINESS OF PUTTING SMILES ON PEOPLE’S FACES
These simple words encapsulate the driving philosophy behind everything we do at C3 Presents. We create, market and produce live experiences, concerts and events — just about anything that makes people stand up and cheer.
C3 is the force behind two of the country’s top music festivals — Austin City Limits Music Festival and Lollapalooza. Every year, each of these festivals attracts more than 200,000 people over a three-day weekend and is staged in beloved greenspaces in the urban heart of its host city. C3’s track record of professional excellence has earned them multi-year agreements to continue these festivals.
The City of Austin trusted us to produce a millennial celebration in the middle of downtown — an event that remains one of the city’s largest mass gatherings with 260,000 attendees. When President-Elect Barack Obama’s team needed a resource to produce an election night rally for hundreds of thousands in Chicago’s Grant Park — with the eyes of the world watching the event and the City — they turned to C3. C3 was selected to lead event production for cornerstone events at the 56th Presidential Inauguration in Washington, D.C., and worked with the Obama administration to produce the annual White House Easter Egg Roll. In all of these cases, we were approached to pull off in a matter of weeks what should have taken months to develop and execute.
These events and many others showcase our ability to bring together a complex, broad spectrum of players — all with their own agendas, deadlines, opinions, and needs but also with a vested interest in the event’s success. C3 possesses the depth of expertise and experience to coordinate and maneuver through a major U.S. city’s complex infrastructure amid the massive logistics surrounding high-profile events — from federal entities such as the U.S. Secret Service, to city service agencies including city emergency management offices, the police department, transportation departments, and sanitation department — to political and civic agencies such as mayors’ offices, city tourism boards and parks departments.
MORE THAN PRODUCTION SKILLS
Under our roof sit a full-time staff of professionals specializing in marketing, publicity, creative, sponsorship, ticketing, talent buying, accounting and legal services. These internal resources as well as a go-to team of partners allow us to be a turnkey solution or an a la carte provider. To Red Bull we are the on-the-ground experts executing their vision for the X-Fighters competition, while SMG relies on us as a programming and marketing partner for Soldier Field in Chicago, and ACL Festival and Lollapalooza tap all our capabilities. At every level, a spirit of collaboration and cooperation enables us to surmount any and all challenges, from unexpected weather hazards, to eleventh-hour changes in long-standing plans. We’ve developed a reputation for facing any and all challenges with unflinching confidence and flexibility.
Lollapalooza. The Barack Obama Presidential Election Night Celebration in Chicago. The Austin City Limits Music Festival. The 56th Annual Presidential Inauguration.
These are but a few reasons why C3 has garnered a proven track record of delivering events that are as memorable as they are successful.