We are looking for an individual to come in to guide the strategy for our video output. They will be expected to concept, produce, direct, shoot and edit a large part of the video content we produce internally, which can range from interviews, and event coverage to special one-offs. You will also commission and brief online video content to third parties as required, and will be expected to have a good ‘black book’ of potential video partners. As they will be producing primarily for the internet they need to demonstrate a track record of producing content that is compelling and shareable in that environment. You will drive our overall video strategy, and be a champion for the use of video throughout the business, sharing best practice and the latest innovations and trends. You will also work with the commercial director to innovate video concepts which can be sold to clients as part of an overall brand solutions package.
- Able to come up with concepts that will make for engaging, shareable output
- Be able to take briefs from internal clients and be a trusted advisor to them
- Able to shoot and edit video content
- Ensure work is delivered on deadline
- Be a point of quality control for all our video output
- Be responsible for growing the company’s skill and knowledge around video
- Be able to innovate new concepts for commercial clients
Experience and personal characteristics:
- While there are currently no direct reports, they will be expected to be able to manage people should the need arise
- Very good people and diplomacy skills as they will be expected to work with internal and external clients to the highest level
- Up to date on latest trends in video and film-making, competitors and platforms
- Able to use a good variety of editing, effects and titles software packages
- A network of contacts and other video production companies and directors
- Used to working at pace
- Knowledgeable about clubbing and club culture
- Adaptable and well travelled
- Ideally has a genuine connection to the wider creative community (eg a viable personal project, a personal relationship or social scene)
*Please can you add a link to your work/showreel.
About Ministry of Sound
The home of dance music. Bringing you the latest from club, compilations, artists, international events & Ministry Radio.
Established in 1991, we have grown from a nightclub in London to become the world’s biggest dance brand.