Monstercat’s digital marketing manager will be responsible for all digital marketing initiatives with a core focus in activations and management of influencers. This candidate must have a strong understanding of modern brand marketing, awareness of growing digital platforms & their influencers and a basic understanding of the music industry. Also, candidates must have experience and understanding of the workings of all major social platforms. Day to day will not include the sole management of these platforms or content creation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers in the digital space, while creating unique partnership campaigns to further expose our artists & music
- Recommend new digital tools and partnerships with upcoming platforms
- Develop digital marketing budgets for monthly advertising spends while analyzing and providing the results of these campaigns
- Construct campaigns that further develop and strengthen our community, especially while introducing our brand to new fans
- Assist in the brainstorming and development of new PR campaigns for the labels and its artists
- Work closely with artists and their management to develop and execute their vision for digital marketing campaigns
- Ability to research new trends, platforms and industries outside of music entertainment
- Hungry with a desire to learn. This is an ever changing marketplace
- Creative mind with a willingness to try new things
- Broad knowledge of the entertainment industry specializing in dance music
- Experience in developing and marketing the brand of a product
- Understanding of all major social networks and how they function
- Understanding of the internet and developing trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of SEO, e-mail marketing, and other digital marketing techniques
- Ability to plan and organize campaigns in a timely manner
- Basic understanding of HTML, css and web layouts
- 18 months of digital marketing experience or work in the above fields
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship based skills
- College/university degree or substantial experience in the field
Perks & Benefits:
- Ground floor opportunity to make a difference in Canada’s fastest growing record label
- Family team mentality with monthly office events
- Full medical/dental/vision package
- Flexible work hours (core 11-4PM)
Our team is tight-knit (but growing) and you will be working closely with the founders and other employees. We promote a good work-life-balance so hours are flexible and cater to the artistically inclined. Our office culture includes activities like Trivia Night, Mario Tennis/Kart Tournaments, Paintball, and Table Tennis Tournaments. The surrounding neighbourhood is fun to explore with plenty of great cafes, restaurants, and other prospering tech businesses.
This is truly a position for original thinkers who want to be a part of one of the most unique electronic music record labels in the world. For a look at our online impact, simply check Monstercat out on Youtube. The startup environment can be intense but also very rewarding, your work will be seen and heard by millions!
Monstercat thanks all applicants, and those who strike the right chord will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to welcoming you into the family!
Monstercat is Canada's largest independent electronic music record label. Founders Mike Darlington (CEO) and Ari Paunonen (CEO) started the label in 2011, and since moving to Vancouver, British Columbia, have built a roster of world-renowned artists. The company’s mission is to connect these artists with fans in a way that nurtures the spirit of sharing and family.
Monstercat is a label finely in-tune with an audience that communicates primarily in the online realm. Notable achievements include: over 3 million YouTube subscribers, over 1 million record sales, and eleven number one chart-toppers on iTunes. And with major markets including the United States, the UK, and Australia, Monstercat has highly successful branches of merchandising, live event promotion, and technological innovation.