We’re looking for an outstanding embedded DSP firmware developer to join the R&D team. You’ll work with us to specify, design and build new products. The work will involve evaluating new technologies; porting prototype designs to DSP hardware; adopting/refining new working practices and most importantly writing lucid, high performance, maintainable code which will form a critical part of a number of new product ranges.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop audio DSP code for state of the art synthesisers. The code will have demanding requirements for audio performance and low latency.
You will be part of an energetic and creative team with a passion for designing industry leading audio equipment.
An ideal candidate would have….
- Strong understanding of digital synthesis, wavetables, filter design and FX algorithms
- Solid mathematical knowledge and familiarity with modelling tools such as numerical Python / Matlab / Mathematica
- Significant experience in developing real-time embedded DSP firmware
- Fluent coding skills in C, C++ and ASM
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving abilities
- Good team working and communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexibility, curiosity, lateral thinking and ability to apply pragmatism
- A passion for programming, music and synths
- Awareness of code optimisation techniques to minimise runtime overhead on an embedded DSP IC.
- Ability to evaluate DSP algorithm resource requirements and match them to appropriate DSP hardware
- Familiarity with implementing and evaluating tradeoffs with fixed and floating point algorithms
Since Novation was born, back in 1992, the company name has become synonymous with world-class analogue modeling synthesizers and unrivalled MIDI controller keyboards and solutions.
The product range continues to receive critical acclaim from the music press and win numerous awards for outstanding technology and usability.
Fantastic build quality, true musical instrument feel and intuitive controls are just three of the reasons why Novation's digital musical instruments are simply a joy to play.