InMusic Brands, the parent company to such brands as M-Audio, Akai Professional, and Denon DJ, is looking for a talented Embedded Systems Engineer to join our engineering team in Cumberland, RI. The ideal candidate is as comfortable designing electrical schematics as they are writing lines of firmware. If you’re a hot-shot in only one of these areas though, please apply – we want to hear from you too.
If you’re allergic to meetings, have a passion for embedded systems design, and want to work in a fast-paced environment designing the next generation of audio gear – you’ve found a home.
Member of a tight-knit hardware/firmware design team, making individual contributions to pro-audio product designs in some of the following ways:
- System Architecture Design
- Electrical Schematic Design
- Firmware Design
- PCB Layout (2-6 layer)
- Hardware Bring-Up, Debug, and Performance Evaluation
- Production Start-Up Support
- Strong grasp of electrical engineering fundamentals (Yes – the stuff you learned in your undergrad)
- Embedded systems design with MCUs
- Ability to write and debug embedded firmware in C
- Practical mixed-signal design knowledge
- Familiarity with common embedded serial protocols – I2C, SPI, USB
- Schematic design and PCB layout
- Proficiency with common lab tools – oscilloscopes, power supplies, DVMs, etc…
- Ability to deal with dynamic priorities / fluid product requirements
- Excellent written communication skills to interface with overseas contract manufacturers
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Occasional international travel (1-2 trips per year possible, but rare)
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 3 to 10 years relevant experience
- Practical embedded DSP knowledge
- FPGA design in Verilog or VHDL
- PC based software design in C++
- Audio circuitry design experience
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience in Mentor Graphics PADS Logic + Layout
- Musical background
Check back at EDMJobs.com for more music industry job listings like Embedded Systems Engineer at Numark!
Continually the first to adopt and develop new technologies that advance the mixing experience for DJs at every level, Numark empowers DJs with revolutionary products that seamlessly combine classic feel with cutting-edge performance capability. Over its 40-year history, Numark has been responsible for introducing hundreds of industry firsts, among them the first DJ mixer with a built-in sampler, DM1775, the first professional dual CD player, CD5020, the first hard-drive based DJ system, HDCD1, the first iOS enabled DJ systems, iDJ, and the first motorized DJ control surface, CDX, which was later incorporated into the NS7 and NS7II controllers. Numark is a proud member of the inMusic Brands family.