TuneCore is the premier digital music distributor with one of the largest music catalogs in the world. Since its launch in 2006, TuneCore Artists’ music units have been downloaded or streamed more than 15.2 billion times, generating over $541 million in revenue earned by TuneCore Artists, ranging from indie artists to high-profile performers. For an annual flat fee, TuneCore Distribution provides an easy-to-use, affordable digital solution for artists to get their music distributed worldwide to iTunes, Amazon MP3, Spotify, Rdio, Google Play, and other major download and streaming sites. Artists keep 100% of their sales revenue and all their rights. TuneCore Music Publishing Administration gives songwriters worldwide the ability for TuneCore to license and register their compositions globally, collect revenues from over 60 countries and deposit the royalty revenue directly into their TuneCore account. Driven by in-house Creative, TuneCore actively markets compositions for sync licensing agreements for music placements in TV, film, commercials, video games, and more. The exclusive Sync & Master Licensing Database provides Music Supervisors access to TuneCore Artists’ music for commercial use. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The Product Manager will drive development and refinement throughout the product lifecycle, working intimately with multiple teams to ensure that world-class products are launched on time and continuously upgraded to meet evolving needs. The ideal candidate will have amazing communication skills, be organized and highly detailed, and have top-notch instincts for UI and UX. You should anticipate product flaws and offer elegant solutions; your body should cringe at poor experiences, design errors, and missed launches.
- Work with senior management to articulate clear product strategies and then translate those strategies into simple and intuitive experiences for our artists.
- Work across departments to guide products from conception to launch, and beyond.
- Work with stakeholders and product/tech teams to research, identify, assess and prioritize conversion and customer experience problems and opportunities, including through utilization of customer research and interaction data.
- Help define and manage the product roadmap, prioritizing among competing opportunities, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring that projects are delivered on time.
- Know the competition. Keep up with new technology and advances in the digital music space. Be the resident expert on TuneCore’s products.
- Make recommendations on product assortment and pricing.
- Leverage group intelligence to generate new ideas.
- Demonstrated success launching and maintaining products
- Strategic and visionary thinking, excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, and a high degree of creativity
- Ability to work across teams and execute against all product initiatives
- Empathy for our customers and experience in design thinking
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the music industry and knowledge of subscription products are a big plus
- 3+ years web-based product and marketing experience, preferably with ecommerce, A/B and multivariate testing, conversion optimization and web analytics
- Experience with marketing plan management a plus
- You should be familiar and comfortable with: (i) Design tools, (ii) project management tools, (iii) web development technologies and languages, (iv) Agile development process, (v) Google Analytics
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business or a related digital discipline, or equivalent practical experience
TuneCore is the premier digital music distributor with one of the largest music catalogs in the world. Since its launch in 2006, over 3 billion TuneCore artists’ music units have been downloaded or streamed, generating over $300 million in revenue earned by TuneCore artists. We’re looking for talented contributors who want to make an impact. Our ideal team members are passionate and curious about finding creative solutions. Our teams work together every day to support our artists’ success. We develop groundbreaking products and tools to help artists distribute their music worldwide, collect their revenue, and reach new fans.