Social Media candidate should have experience in writing, blogging and journalism as well as be internet-savvy. Candidate should have knowledge of the electronic music community as a whole. Knowledge of electronic music and artists across genres is important, as well as major events, festivals, and any news pertaining to the electronic community. Candidate should understand how to appeal to the electronic music community and its demographic. Candidate must be comfortable writing quickly and engagingly, and understand how to write concisely.
- Compiling press reports
- Research and contact media outlets
- Updating Social Media
- Updating media, contact lists and databases
- Some writing of press materials such as press releases and newsletters
- Strong writing, and research skills required
- Ability to write quickly, creatively, and with confidence required
- Strong knowledge of grammar and spelling required
- Familiarity with the management of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and WordPress
- Interest in cutting edge music news, and the ability to stay ahead of the curve preferred
- Experience in blogging, journalism, or copywriting preferred
- Experience with blog analytics preferredGeneral Requirements:12-16 hours per week, and there might be times when interns will be needed on nights and weekends to help with assignments.Applicants should be passionate about EDM and the music industry, as well as hard working and able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure. Creativity, innovative thinking, and a self-starter attitude are encouraged. Most of the work can be handled from home, but applicants will still need to meet with their supervisor a couple times a week.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org