General Skill Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of analog design theoryPower Amplifiers
- Transistor Applications
- Operational Amplifier Applications
- Excellent understanding of digital design theory:Embedded Systems
- High-speed Digital Circuits
- Serial Communications
- Good understanding of Pro-Audio products and their applications.
- Good understanding of audio test methods (analog and digital) and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with computer modeling of electronic systems (Pspice/MicroCap).
- Computer skills:Windows/Linux
- Programming (C/C++/C#/Visual Basic)
- Windows Networking Experience
- Desktop PC Maintenance
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Exceptional dependability (punctuality and attendance).
- Coordinate with R&D Engineering on new product design and product revisions.
- Determine circuit test limits using statistical analysis techniques.
- Develop and maintain test procedures for Audio Precision analyzers.
- Create custom Windows software applications for test systems.
- Design and maintain custom test fixtures and test methods.
- Maintain Test Department network and computers.
- Support manufacturing by providing component evaluations, analyzing equipment issues, and providing process feedback.
- Evaluate competitive products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Educational / Experience Requirements
- BSEE and 2+ years of increasingly complex experience in analog and digital troubleshooting and testing.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time at work bench/computer.
- Repetitive keyboard data-entry.
- Operate various testing equipment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately.
- Repetitive use of small hand tools.
- Ability to observe test equipment/computer monitor on a continuous basis.
- Ability to hand solder.
- Ability to understand written instructions, read diagrams, and fine print.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- This position requires and advanced technical degree such as engineering or it’s equivalent. This position requires the ability to quickly learn procedures. Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must. Good communication skills and the ability to lead other members of the department are important attributes.
About Rane Corporation
Since 1981 musicians, DJs, contractors and integrators have chosen Rane Corporation (rane.com) as an established innovator in problem-solving pro audio tools, affordably priced with unequalled reliability and customer service. Rane’s primary marketplaces are DJ (performance, club, mobile & recording) and Commercial (room-combining, paging and associated systems) featuring innovative analog and digital audio products for each category. Based in Mukilteo, WA, all products are designed and manufactured exclusively in the United States from imported and domestic parts with worldwide product distribution.