Social Media Internships
Do you live and breathe social media? Do you love music of all genres? Are you an avid concert-goer? Do you want to learn more about social media, digital and content marketing? CrowdTorch (http://www.crowdtorch.com/) is an innovative ticketing and mobile Audience Management Platform that helps venues and event planners sell tickets to music, nightlife, and comedy events. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers with a desire to learn about an ever-evolving industry through a hands-on experience at our LA office.
- Assist with writing for social media platforms, blogs, website, and newsletters
- Generate weekly and monthly analytics reports to help provide actionable social media measurement
- Stay abreast of industry news and report on latest trends
- Brainstorm and contribute creative content ideas for weekly social media schedule
- Maintain social media editorial calendars for all consumer-facing sites
- Assist with content creation, management, and distribution for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Work with Social Media Coordinator to gain an understanding of social media and email content strategy
- Contribute to ongoing internship handbook with best practices, how-to’s, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- A passion for music and pop culture
- A working knowledge of social media; experience using these platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A resourceful self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as a contributing member of a team
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and excel under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite, Google Calendar
- Graphic design (Photoshop) and/or video editing experience preferred
- A positive attitude, lots of enthusiasm, and an outgoing personality
- Currently enrolled in a college or university program and pursuing a degree in Music, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, PR, New Media, Business, or similar major
- Experience using Google Docs, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Iconosquare, Facebook insights, and Google Analytics preferred
Time Commitment and Compensation:
This is a paid internship with a maximum of 29 hours/week. Attendance of at least eight hours/day, three days/week is preferred; however, we will remain flexible in consideration of class schedule. Internships are offered for a full semester. CrowdTorch also offers for-credit internships to qualified candidates.
CrowdTorch is the ultimate solution for all your event marketing needs. Our six primary components – ticketing, mobile, engagement, website, social, and insight – make up the core of the platform. Using a single, platform solution like CrowdTorch just makes sense. It's easier for you to manage, you get more control over every step, and your audience gets a consistent, familiar experience from start-to-finish.