What we do:
CrowdCompass makes events, conferences, meetings, trade shows and conventions a lot more popular through the power of mobile. In just four short years we’ve gone from an office of three to over 50 employees, 2,000 customer apps and 500,000 downloads, establishing us as one of the fastest-growing startups in the Silicon Forest. Now we’re backed by Cvent, one of the world’s largest event management software companies and the #2 software job creator in the country, so we get the best of both worlds – the scrappiness and agility (and fun!) of a high-growth mobile startup with the upward mobility, strength and stability of a publicly-traded company.
We build beautiful software that helps event planners take their event experience to their users via our complex RoR apps, responsive mobile web, HTML5, and native apps. Built on Ruby from day one, we’ve leverage its flexibility and scalability to allow for exponential growth over a very short period of time.
Do you want to use your considerable Ruby and Rails skills to put awesome software in the hands of hundreds of thousands of users every month while working closely with a great team of leading Rubyists? They’re masters of our back-end systems, and you’ll be key to rolling out regular feature releases and keeping our product way ahead of the competition.Position
- Working closely on new features with other developers, UX, product and QA in an Agile environment
- Taking ownership of components – from architecture to development, deployment and maintenance
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and solve hard technical issues while shipping code regularly
- Passionate Rubyists that have built and deployed commercial Sinatra, Rails, or Ruby applications
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- A solid understanding of multi-threading, database contention, asynchronous operations / queuing, and object-oriented design
- Experience in Behavior or Test Driven Development
- 2-3 years experience in an engineering organization
- You’re probably an open-source contributor and we would love to see your Github account
- Someone who loves writing code and having fun while doing it
What we offer:
With opportunities in Portland, Austin, LA and DC, there’s no better time OR place to join the mobile revolution. Our main office in Portland is a diverse, collaborative and open work environment where you’ll work closely with active members of the Ruby community. You’ll enjoy the easy transportation options and the fantastic food within walking distance – as well as the occasional art shows and pickles made right here in the building.
We also provide top-notch benefits, including 100% health and dental (with options for your four-legged friends!), ample PTO, a flexible schedule, free parking, paid holidays, tons of growth opportunities, regular fun events and, last but certainly not least, a dog-friendly office environment!
CrowdTorch is the ultimate solution for all your event marketing needs. Our six primary components – ticketing, mobile, engagement, website, social, and insight – make up the core of the platform. Using a single, platform solution like CrowdTorch just makes sense. It's easier for you to manage, you get more control over every step, and your audience gets a consistent, familiar experience from start-to-finish.