Title: Street Team Member
Description: Job Title: Summerfest Street Team Member
Location: Milwaukee World Festival/Summerfest
Reports to: Marketing & Advertising Coordinator
Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age
Pay Rate: $8.00 per hour
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. produces Summerfest, “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and the Summerfest Rock ‘n Sole Run. In 2015, Summerfest will participate in community events and plan and execute promotions in order to create awareness for the brand and engage the community. Summerfest Street Team Members will have some experience gathering social content and representing a brand as well as a passion for Summerfest.
• Represent Summerfest at promotional events throughout Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin
• Set-up and tear-down of Street Team display
• Interact with fans at events and gather interviews, video and photographs
• Execute promotions and giveaways
• Be knowledgeable about Summerfest and communicate information about the festival to fans
• Distribute promotional items and tickets at events
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalency, preferred
• Candidates must be outgoing, willing to approach and interact with people they may not know personally and ask them to appear on-camera or be quoted or photographed
• Candidates must be available to work events during non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) and during Summerfest, June 24-28 and June 30-July 5, 2015
• Some experience using a simple recording device such as a handheld or flip camera
• Honest and ethical with a professional appearance and attitude
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Self-starter with the ability to take direction well and work occasionally with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to meet goals and work well with others in a team environment
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Ability to remain standing for entire length of shift
• Ability to lift stock up to 50 pounds occasionally
Environmental Working Conditions
• Varied environments – noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
• May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold, depending on season
• May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
Milwaukee World Festivals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Department: Marketing Department
Min Age: 21 years old
Over 800 Acts.
Over 1,000 Performances.
Nearly 900,000 of your closest friends.
Summerfest provides the backdrop for the music industry's hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites to create unforgettable live music experiences in a world-class festival setting.