Native Instruments is hiring for a Technical Writer. As a member of the Documentation Team, you will create documentation media for current and future products. To learn about new and updated features, you will closely cooperate with product specialists, analyze complex source information and use alpha and beta versions of newly developed products on a regular basis. Based on your experience as a Technical Writer, you will provide our users with clear, concise instructions and precise feature descriptions. Your excellent command of English allows you to detail the most elaborate aspects of our products with ease while maintaining a clear and authoritative style. In addition to this, you will instruct and manage external manual authors, and be their interface to the project teams. As a music producer, musician, or DJ, you are familiar with the concepts and terminology of modern music production tools and digital DJ systems.
Please include work samples with your application.
- You plan and conduct documentation projects in close cooperation with Product Owners and development teams.
- You create user manuals and other types of documentation for software and hardware products in English (American English).
- You review and update documents.
- You retrieve and edit information.
- You communicate with external manual writers and translators.
- You contribute to the design of future documentation media.
- You participate in projects conducted by specialty departments, e.g. Product Design and Support.
- Degree (B.A./B.Sc or equivalent) with a focus on Technical Writing/Communication or Technical Translation, alternatively a related non-academic education.
- First hands-on work experience in the field of Technical Documentation.
- Excellent command of English, preferably as a native speaker.
- Hands-on experience in computer-based music production and/or digital DJ-ingDistinct teaching skills and a keen sense of your audience’s needs.
- Independent, performance-minded worker.
- Proficient user of MS Word for Windows as well as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Familiar with the concept and usage of modern single-source publishing solutions, ideally an experienced user of SCHEMA ST4.
- Experience with markup languages such as XML, XSL and CSS a plus.
DOCUMENTATION AT NATIVE INSTRUMENTS
The Documentation team is responsible for creating and maintaining all user documentation such as tutorials, reference manuals, and in-application help content. As an intermediary between the product and customer, the Documentation Team’s task is to translate complex facts and workflows into precise, easy to understand text with clear graphics while maintaining a strong focus on the requirements of the target audience. Feedback from other teams such as Technical Support also helps the Documentation team to continually improve the quality and consistency of product documentation. In addition to authoring and updating English documents, the Documentation Team manages all localization tasks including the translation of documents and software into four target languages.
Check back at EDMJobs.com for more music industry job listings like Technical Writer at Native Instruments.
About Native Instruments
Native Instruments develops innovative software and hardware for computer-based audio production and DJing - products that push technological boundaries and open up new creative horizons for professionals and amateurs alike.