Universal Music Group is currently seeking a College & Lifestyle Marketing Representative for the Richmond/Hampton, VA area.
Overview: Universal Music Group is a global recorded music company with the majority of the best-selling and developing artists in the world that include Black Eyed Peas, Kanye West, Florence & The Machine, Neon Trees, Rihanna, Drake, Kid Cudi, Anberlin, Nicki Minaj, Far East Movement, Lil Wayne, Lady Gaga, Jack Johnson and thousands of others. Duties and responsibilities: The College Marketing Reps play an extremely important role in the development of Universal Music’s newly signed artists as well as some of the most well-known artists in the music industry today.
The College Reps are often the “it person” or “key tastemaker” on campus and are heavily involved in many campus and community activities.
The College Rep position is an incredible way to learn all of the ins and outs of the music business, gain marketing and advertising experience and most importantly, take that first step in establishing themselves in the music and entertainment business.
• Create marketing planners for various promotions on campus and at local lifestyle and music retail accounts
• Educate students on new and upcoming releases while gaining immediate feedback over a short period of time
• Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs
• Maintain a database of lifestyle accounts for promotional opportunities
• Work closely with Local Marketing Reps and Account Managers to tie-in retail, mobile and online opportunities
• Assist Local Reps with in-store signings, merchandising venues, and store promotions
• Work within the guidelines provided by the Head of the College & Lifestyle Marketing Department with the implementation of promotions, listening parties, and other related events
•Cross promote and coordinate events using Universal Music artists and 3rdparty lifestyle brands
•Scout college musical talent for Universal signing consideration
Skills and competencies:
• Brand marketing experience a plus
• Jr. A&R (Artist & Repertoire) experience a plus
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Outgoing creative thinker
• Online social networking skills preferred
• Ties with school organizations and activities preferred
• Knowledge and passion of all musical genres a plus
• Strong work ethic and marketing skills Requirement
• College Enrollment (2 course/6 credit minimum per semester, or participation in a degree-seeking program)
• Minimum of at least two semesters left before anticipated graduation date
• Must have access to a car, computer and camera
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.