This is a newly-created position that acts primarily as a liaison between the A&R Administration and A&R departments during all aspects of the recording process. The focus of the job is chiefly administrative with a heavy emphasis on organizing and documenting the workflow. In this role the candidate will have the opportunity to help shape this position into the most effective one it can be.
• Perform data entry into the newly-launched StudioHub system.
• Gathering and disseminating precise details regarding upcoming and in-progress
• Constant communication with various departments to expedite the delivery process
for all recorded music.
• Assist various departments in their respective roles to achieve mandated goals.
• Other duties as dictated by the new system implementation.
• 2-4 years music industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrates impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of the recording process and a basic
understanding of recording costs and budgeting.
• Communicates effectively with a diverse pool of people, including Senior Executives.
• Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize work, and to work accurately under pressure
of deadlines with frequent interruptions.
• Employs follow-through and persistence to achieve goals.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.