UMGD is seeking a Business Analysis Coordinator who has an enthusiasm for music and numbers. The Business Analysis Coordinator will support the business analysis group through the collection and organization of pertinent data. Reports will be created, distributed and interpreted to enhance and measure current strategies, business models and sales/marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has an understanding of statistics, mathematical formulas, analytical process and customer service. He/she is intellectually curious and has strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Develop concise and accurate reports to measure success of business initiatives
• Identify future sales opportunities
• Develop statistical tools for analysis that will enhance business efforts
• Gather and utilize internal UMGD/UMG data as well as retail data
• Perform retail analysis to support advertising and program spending
• Manage data for reporting and distribution to appropriate audience (labels, UMGD, customers)
Experience / Skills:
• 1+ year experience in a business environment preferred
• Excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• High proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel and Powerpoint
• Microstrategy proficiency a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics related preferred)
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.