Universal Music Group – IGA Finance Department is currently seeking a full-time Financial Analyst in the Santa Monica, CA office.
• Assisting with the coordination and preparation of the plan and periodic revenue forecasts.
• Assisting with the development of new proposals (e.g., artist renegotiation, etc.)
including break-even analysis, capital investments and pricing and royalty structures
• Preparing internal artist profit and loss statements
• Assisting with the variance explanations of actual and forecast amounts versus
plan and prior year reported to senior management and parent company
• Preparing ad hoc reports as needed.
Background and Experience
•Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
•2-3 years relevant financial experience preferred
•Strong PC skills, primarily MS Excel
•Hyperion Financial Management and SAP experience a plus
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Demonstrated success with systems/data management.
• Strong analytical and organization skills
• An ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – including the ability to interact
with all levels of the organization
• Initiative and self-motivation
• Possesses high level of personal and professional integrity.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.