Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Marketing Manager in our Santa Monica, CA office location:
• Reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Manager is responsible for oversight of all aspects of Product Development and Marketing for an audio, DVD, digital or other product release.
• Marketing Manager will oversee the marketing of current digital and physical product offerings, and will also seek to raise visibility of core catalog titles based on opportunities in the marketplace.
Marketing Plans and Budgets
• Write and execute marketing plans to drive consumers to the release.
• Create and oversee marketing budgets.
• Meet with artist management to discuss overall artist and project marketing strategy.
• Coordinate media, digital marketing, TV marketing and radio promotions to support release. Lead informational and brainstorming meetings with UMe team.
• Interface with International Offices on details and timing of International releases.
• Develop specific media, lifestyle, print, radio, TV and retail outlets to secure promotions and increase visibility of product.
• Oversee creation and implementation of video content tools with commercial and promotional video partners.
• Working with digital marketing team, create plans to leverage social media and online channels to increase visibility of release or core catalog assets.
Successful candidate will have at least 2 years in a product management or marketing position in an audio or video company
Must exhibit strong understanding of music marketplace, including physical, digital for sale, and digital streaming channels and trends.
Excellent organizational and follow through skills
Attention to detail and deadlines
Marketing/product management background
Knowledge and experience with product development process
Experience in online marketing and promotion
Ability to determine consumer audience for releases from multiple genres of music
Ability to think strategically
Able to multi-task efficiently and prioritize work load
Experience in partnership marketing is a plus.
Good communication skills and high emotional intelligence preferred
Good writing/editing skills a plus
Music knowledge always admired
Can-do attitude, resourceful
Microsoft Word, Excel, familiarity with SoundScan
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.