Interscope Records is currently seeking a Sr. Drupal Developer for a full-time position. Join our team to build digital experiences and ecommerce destinations across desktop and mobile. If you’re looking for an opportunity to leverage your broad skill set in working with high-profile artists and brands, this is it.
A Senior Drupal Developer on our team will have significant experience in Drupal development backed up with solid general programming experience and problem-solving abilities. Candidates must be able to develop flexible and scalable solutions that satisfy the needs of users and various stakeholders in our organization. They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turn-around times while maintaining high levels of coding standards. Other requirements include the ability to create or customize Drupal modules and themes, integrating with other applications and services, communication and project management skills.
• Maintaining and building a platform of applications that can be deployed
on our web properties
• Reacting to quick turnaround initiatives to deliver technical solutions to business needs
• Working with external vendors and agencies to leverage their applications on our platform
• Designing and prototyping new and innovative web experiences in collaboration
with a cross-functional team
• Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing sites
• Communicating possible solutions to non-technical team members
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum five years of Drupal programming experience
• Drupal expertise, including: theme development and templating,
custom module development, and knowledge of key contributed modules and Drupal Core
(AMD, Angular, Backbone, etc).
• Experience integrating with APIs (JSON and XML ) and AJAX
• Intermediate theming skills (CSS & HTML structure). Design experience a plus.
• Experience tuning the performance of high-traffic sites (client & server)
• Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, multiple simultaneous projects
of varying priority, deadlines, and shifting priorities
• Ability to scope projects into deliverables for sprint cycles, evaluate
trade offs / priorities, and communicate openly with a team
• Ability to work iteratively in a sprint cycle to deliver new functionality to front-end
sitebuilders and designers.
• Ability to take business / non-technical needs and develop technical solutions
• Independence, collaboration with team members, willingness to learn and
• Ability to communicate and work well with others
• Mobile development (mobile web, native applications and tablets)
• Personal Projects – Anything you have done on the side. An interest in investigating
emerging technologies and applying them to engaging user experience is highly desirable.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.