Job Description: Universal Music Group, Central Accounting Services, Sr. Staff Accountant for the Woodland Hills, CA location.
This position supports the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process for our Universal Music Group Distribution division. The ideal candidate has broad frontline general ledger and/or third-party statement reporting experience and possesses a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate has the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including primary responsibility for:
• Preparing internal financial reports and schedules with supporting analytics for division
• Preparing month-end general ledger close journal entries and supporting reconciliations.
• Preparing monthly third party Distribution Deal financial statements.
• Coordinating with division Finance representatives, as well as other UMG
functional departments to stay current with business activity and emerging issues.
• Supporting special projects and process improvement initiatives.
Job Requirements: • Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field of study
• Broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience
• Experience with SAP
• Strong Excel (pivot tables, V lookups) & Word skills
• Music or Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to handle multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and think analytically
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.