• Work with management on analyzing and providing intercompany reimbursements to affiliates
• Identify and process physical and digital TV-advertised sales worldwide
• Interpret applicable Artist and Producer contract language to calculate royalty breaks
• Oversee and maintain accrual log, claim database, and accounting schedules
• Work with management on monthly and quarterly financial close to include
journal entries and reconciliation
• Assist in preparing audit, litigation, and label inquiry support as needed
• Special projects as assigned.
• High-level proficiency in MS Excel to include creating macros
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or a minimum of 14 units
of college-level Accounting
• Working knowledge of debits and credits, SAP preferred
• Familiarity with Recoupable Costs, Clearance, Budgets, Purchase Orders
and Air Time, CRA/GCS preferred
• 2-3 years of work experience in the music industry or royalty/participations preferred
• Highly detail-oriented with strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to beat deadlines and focus under pressure
• Work independently and in a team environment
• Overtime as needed.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.