Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an entry level Staff Accountant position opening within its Central Accounting Services division. This position supports the general accounting close cycle and Joint Venture reporting process for UMG’s record label division. Candidates must posses a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and hands on general accounting experience in a professional environment.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues with dedicated work ethics and sharp minds.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including primary responsibility for:
• Drafting third-party joint venture financial statements for our major artists
• Preparing month-end general ledger close journal entries
• Preparing month end supporting reconciliations and analysis
• Coordinating with other UMG departments to research and resolve accounting
issues and inquires
• Participation in UMG annual Sarbanes Oxley compliance process
• Assist with preparation of lead schedules for quarterly Audit review
• Supporting special project and process improvement initiatives
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting from an accredited university, B+ GPA
• 0-2 years of general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience
• Exposure to enterprise General Ledger applications such as: JDE, Lawson or SAP
• Strong Excel & Word skills, Access experience a plus
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and think analytically
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.