VICE Media is seeking a Project Budget Assistant to be responsible for working with Sales, Project Management and Production departments.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Project Managers, Producers, and Sales Representatives in preparing and submitting project budgets, outlining both staff costs and out-of-pocket expenses, in a timely manner.
• Assist Producers and Project Managers in preparing and maintaining cost trackers, tracking both staff costs and out-of-pocket expenses, on a real-time basis.
• Assist in routinely compiling reports, by project, listing both staff costs and out-of-pocket expenses against budgets.
• Assist Project Mangers in creation of project codes/ structure, owning maintenance and hygiene in various systems including time tracking software and shared project trackers.
• Assist in the opening, tracking and closing of all projects. Meeting with Project Managers on a monthly basis to review project costs and produce budget vs actual reports.
• Compile data for reports by utilizing the in-house accounting, time tracking, and cost tracking systems.
• Examine budget estimates for completeness and accuracy.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management required
• Experience in project management, budgeting or production accounting preferred
• Prior experience in an agency or production company preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required; familiarity with Mac OS; working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Replicon a plus
• An interest in production and media encouraged; a strong business acumen, keen sense of urgency and ability to exercise appropriate judgment in a variety of situations desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
VICE is a global media channel focusing on investigative journalism and enlightening videos about everything from world news, travel, art, drugs, politics, sports, fashion, sex, and super cute animals.