Monstercat’s YouTube licensing and sales manager will be responsible for further developing our YouTube licensing program. This innovative program is composed of two core focuses:
The development of our partner program, a free music license offered to influential YouTube content creators around the globe.
Our paid subscription licensing platform which allows content creators to pay a monthly fee to use our music in their videos.
Candidates should be passionate, outgoing individuals who are comfortable reaching out to content creators. A keen understanding of the Youtube ecosystem based on both experience and instinct is a must. You will be managing a vital branch of connection intended to strengthen our reach into other realms of media and entertainment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers in the YouTube space while encouraging the use of our music in their videos
- Develop our current paid licensing program (http://license.monstercat.com)
- Develop new outreach strategies for potential licensing partners including the development of new partner verticals (ie. Action sports, fashion and beauty etc)
- Create unique campaigns with influential brand partners to strengthen relationships and expose our music to their audiences
- Hungry with a desire to learn. This is an ever-changing marketplace
- Creative mind with a willingness to try new things
- Outgoing and eager to meet new people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- General understanding of YouTube
- General understanding of the entertainment/dance music industry is a plus
- 6 months of social media or sales experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship based skills
- College/university degree or substantial experience in the field
Perks & Benefits:
- Ground floor opportunity to make a difference in Canada’s fastest growing record label
- Family team mentality with monthly office events
- Full medical/dental/vision package
- Flexible work hours (core 11-4PM)
- Our team is tight-knit (but growing) and you will be working closely with the founders and other employees. We promote a good work-life-balance so hours are flexible and cater to the artistically inclined. Our office culture includes activities like Trivia Night, Mario Tennis/Kart Tournaments, Paintball, and Table Tennis Tournaments. The surrounding neighbourhood is fun to explore with plenty of great cafes, restaurants, and other prospering tech businesses.
This is truly a position for original thinkers who want to be a part of one of the most unique electronic music record labels in the world. For a look at our online impact, simply check Monstercat out on Youtube. The startup environment can be intense but also very rewarding, your work will be seen and heard by millions!
Monstercat thanks all applicants, and those who strike the right chord will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to welcoming you into the family!
Monstercat is Canada's largest independent electronic music record label. Founders Mike Darlington (CEO) and Ari Paunonen (CEO) started the label in 2011, and since moving to Vancouver, British Columbia, have built a roster of world-renowned artists. The company’s mission is to connect these artists with fans in a way that nurtures the spirit of sharing and family.
Monstercat is a label finely in-tune with an audience that communicates primarily in the online realm. Notable achievements include: over 3 million YouTube subscribers, over 1 million record sales, and eleven number one chart-toppers on iTunes. And with major markets including the United States, the UK, and Australia, Monstercat has highly successful branches of merchandising, live event promotion, and technological innovation.