Mario Lorenzo Burks
575 W. 159th Street #33 (347) 791-7485
New York, New York 10032 MarioLBurks@gmail.com
My passion is building and promoting collaborations in the arts and I have extensive experience managing press releases, event planning and promotion, administrative activities and social media for art galleries, festivals and collectives. I’m looking for a position that will allow me to deepen these skills and support collaborative art.
• Serato Scratch Live • Audacity Recording Software • Press Releases • Blog Management • Social Media Management • Music Journalism • Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel •
Creative/DJ, Art Collective Since 2011
Toats Orig, Buffalo, NY
· Producing and Hosting weekly podcast (via WaxMuseumRadio.net).
· Managing the Collective’s online presence and aesthetic
· Planning events including themed parties, art exhibitions, and music shows
· Developing collaborations with visual artists, sculptors, musicians, photographers, clothing and jewelry makers and art stores
Press Intern May 2013
Cutlog Art Fair, New York, NY
· Developed and coordinated online promotion campaigns.
· Built a Contact List, prepared and sent press releases.
· Coordinated communications with local Cutlog organizers.
Reporter April 2013-June2013
CultureCaffe.com, New York, NY
· Covered concerts and shows in New York City’s Indie scene.
· Interviewed and reported on well-known and rising local, and international
· Communicated with photographers to design shoots that would support the article
Art Assistant February 2012-May 2012
Vault Art House, Buffalo, NY
· Build monthly schedules with coordinator
· Produced exhibitions and art events, and managed daily gallery operations
· Managed office communications with artists, suppliers, community partners and
· Developed and promoted networking and art-making events
B.A., Journalism – Feature Writing,
SUNY Buffalo State College, Buffalo, NY 2010
Study Abroad Program – Online Journalism,
Kingston University, Surrey UK 2008’
Writing and Music Samples Available Upon Request