OBJECTIVE: Full Time or Independent Contractor work in the Event / Festival industries nationwide
EDUCATION: Arizona State University, College of Business, Tempe, AZ; Degrees in Computer Information Systems and
Supply Chain Management, Graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2001.
SUMMARY SKILLS / STRENGTHS:
Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Highly passionate and self-driven to succeed. Customer oriented. Has excelled in both traditional business environments as well as entrepreneurial self-starting endeavors. 13 years experience in the Special Events / Live Music industry producing festivals and events as well as booking, promoting, and advancing artists. Has lead various site / vendor / festival teams in excess of 70 staff members. Has worked with event and talent budgets in the seven figures and with crowds exceeding 70,000 per day. Has good relationships with all of the national / premiere talent agencies. Can operate calmly in dynamic work environments, managing a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities at once. Able to travel anywhere to work an event or festival.
June 15 – Present X Games – ESPN, Austin TX
* As a Stage Manager, was in charge of the 40,000 capacity Super Stage which featured Nicki Minaj and Metallica. Helped ensure that each production team’s needs were met and that there was proper staffing / protocols followed on and around the stage.
Mar 15- Present C3 Presents, Austin, TX
* As a Production Coordinator / Stage Manager / Operations Manager, is responsible for overseeing production vendors and advancing their run of show needs; for managing various stages for festivals around the country; and for overseeing convention operations (security, medical, radios, staffing).
Oct 13 – Jan 15 Circuit of the Americas / Austin360 Amphitheater Austin, TX
· As an Assistant General Manager / Production Manager, was responsible for the advancing and run of show production for all concerts at the 13,500 capacity Austin360 Amphitheater. Worked directly with the promoter to ensure a smoothly run process for both the artist and the crowd. Oversaw a multi-million dollar budget for amphitheater operations. Collaborated with other departments for offseason / CapEx improvements.
· As a Lead Event Producer, managed production, talent, staffing, and select creative needs for RedFest, a 3 Day camping country music festival with Tim McGraw, Florida Georgia Line, and others. Oversaw a million plus dollar budget and a staff of over 70 people.
· As a Music Production Manager for X Games Austin, oversaw the entire music production component of the festival (other than booking) in conjunction with ESPN and directed all four stage managers as well as advanced all four stages. Artists included Kanye West, Flaming Lips, Gary Clark Jr, and Pretty Lights.
Aug 13 “Let Freedom Ring” Commemorative Closing Ceremony Washington, DC (1 Day Rally)
· As a Stage Manager, helped ensure a smoothly run event featuring remarks by President Barack Obama, President Bill Clinton, and President Jimmy Carter. Estimated attendance in the tens of thousands. Helped ensure the personal protection / escorting of presenters including LeAnn Rimes, Forrest Whitaker, and Oprah Winfrey.
Aug 13 – Oct 13 C3 Presents Austin, TX and St. Louis, MO (6 and 2 Day Festivals)
· As a Plywood Steward and Artist Greeter was responsible for a crew that provides plywood needs for the build and strike of ACL Festival. During run of show, was responsible for ensuring artists were properly staged and brought it when ready from the Mopac access road.
· As a Crossload Coordinator, was responsible for ensuring artists and their gear arrived at the proper stages and oversaw a crew that handled the gear at Lou Fest in St. Louis, MO.
Mar 13 Country Thunder Music Festival, Florence, AZ (4 Day Camping Festival)
· As a Managing Producer, helped ensure a smoothly-run event by assisting in several key festival elements, including vendor relations, site build, customer relations, and daily site maintenance.
· In 2013 the festival sold out (at 25,000 each day for two of the four days) for the first time in 20 years. Headliners included Toby Keith, Eric Church, and Lady Antebellum.
Aug 12 – April 14 Austin Reggae Festival, Austin, TX (3 Day Festival)
· As Talent Buyer and Production Staff for the 20th Annual Austin Reggae Festival, was in charge of booking all of the main stage artists as well as ordering select goods & services for the event.
· Other duties include being a liaison to the city and to the parks department and handling various production-related day-of-show tasks. Estimated attendance of 15,000 / 20,000 / 12,000.
Apr 12 – Apr 13 Moontower Comedy Festival, Austin TX (4 Day Festival)
· As Production Staff, helped with staffing needs, venue advancement, and day-of-show issues of the festival.
Feb 11 – April 13 South By Southwest – Auditorium Shores Stage, Austin, TX (3 Day Festival)
· After being a stage manager from 2006 to 2010, was promoted to Venue / Site Manager, was in charge of day of show production for SXSW’s largest showcase with a capacity of 20,000-25,000.
· Oversaw / lead a team of paid staff and volunteers to ensure a smoothly run operation from load-in through the three day event and the subsequent load-out.
· Managed relations and negotiations with select goods & services vendors, including fencing, barricade, security, port-o-lets, trailers, tents, power, furniture, and others.
· Created a production timeline, production site map, public map, and select signage needs.
CONNECT: LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikehanley7/
- festival manager
- forklift certification
- operations manager
- production manager
- site manager
- stage manager
- talent buyer
- vendor manager