1234 Wilshire #524 Los Angeles, CA 90017|Ariaxwilliams@gmail.com| 443-722-6378
Howard University – School of Business Washington,DC
Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Management
Honors & Awards:Howard University’s Dean’s List, Howard University Women’s Lacrosse Full Scholarship Recipient, Northwestern Mutual Academic ExcellenceScholar
Relevant Coursework:Principles of Economics 1&2, Managerial Information Systems, Principles of Accounting 1&2, Business Law, Business Problem Solving, Business Communications, Business Management, Principles of Marketing, Entrepreneurship
D1 Ent. | Marketing, Creative Direction, Prod. Asst., Social Media Man., A&R | Baltimore, MD Feb 2018 –Present
In partnership with Republic Records, Asylum Records, Warner Brothers
● Created several marketing roll out plans to gain exposure, recognition andacknowledgment for projects and singles such as “Never A Drought”, “Captain Hook” and “Betchua” which has accumulated 31M+ views.
● Creative directed music videos for artist such as Peso Da Mafia including their hit song, “TSAY” which has been viewed over 1.2 Million times
● Generated documents, graphics, charts, treatments, marketing plans and presentations in order launch Shordie Shordie’s debut project “Captain Hook” and Peso Da Mafia’s debut mixtape “Never A Drought”
● Assist artists with beat selection, song structure and song writing
● Utilized business tactics and connections to book artist to open for large artist such as Shoreline Mafia at the Fillmore Silver Spring
● Collectedthousandsofdataentries to create a database ofcreatives and influencers to assist in themarketinginitiatives of thecompany
● Organized and led the company’s first ever “Pop Up” tent which held a Bandhunta Izzy Meet & Greet, merchandise giveaway in exchange for contact information and a D1 Entertainment photo station at Howard University’s Homecoming Yardfest Festival
● Organized and led the Street Marketing team who is responsible for all grassroots marketing including poster promotion around the DMV, handing out merchandise and promotional items, promoting all singles and projects across all social media platforms, etc.
● Manage artist and CEO’s social media pages by filtering comments, direct messages while also content creating for their page
● Contact blogs, newspapers, magazines, and businesses to encourage them to feature our artists
● Research prospective companies to contact for partnerships and advertisingopportunities
Viacom | Marketing Intern | NewYork,NY May 2017 –Sept. 2017
● Controlled and consistently updated social media tracking data, company database website and programming schedule to beused company-wide in an effort to continue and strengthen partnership withaffiliates
● Generated documents, graphics, charts, and presentations in order to assist brands content distribution and businessdevelopment such as Nickelodeon, BET, VH1, Spike andmore
● Assisted in providing insight on proper marketing initiatives to gain exposure andacknowledgment
● Collectedthousandsofdataentries to gainentailon themarketingstrategiesofcompanycompetitorsincludingDisney,Comcast and TimeWarner
● Researchedallindustrycompetitorsto createasearing50+slidemarketingdeckto beusedbyuppermanagementaswellasthe Nickelodeon brand in an effort to advance past the opposing industrydominators
Experience Media Group | Director of Corporate Communications|Washington,DC Aug 2016 –Present
● Manage company brand andreputation
● Develop branding initiatives, internal communications, and external media relations.
● Assisted in significantly increasing company gross sales in 2months
● Determine communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout theorganization.
● Managethedevelopment,distribution,andmaintenanceofallinternalpublicationssuchasnewsletters,releases,email announcements, planned publications, online, video, special projects, andassignments.
● Manage social media content on all existing platforms including posting new material, advertisements, information andclient experiences
Affinity Magazine | Editor |Washington,DC Feb 2015 – Present
● Responsible for managing over 300 writers worldwide, training writers to create impactful news stories and essays, hiring qualified writers and editors, and editing approximately 20 articles weekly.
● Generated a platform and buzz for several artists by conducting in depth and unique interviews that engage their target audience as well as gain new fans
F.L.Y. Music Group| College Marketing Ambassador |Washington,DC Jan 2017 –June 2017
● Worked closely with the groups manager as an A&R for unreleased tracks for Mook McGrady (lead)
● Develop new tactics and strategies to market the brand of the group by utilizing social media and events at Howard University
● Led campaigns and marketing initiatives to push the groups hit single “Swag Surfin” to the college demographic
● Hired graphic designers and content creators to create new marketing and branding materials for the group
● Excellent Content Marketing skills including planning, organizing, and buildingbrands
● Expert Social Media Marketing skills, written, oral communication, and interpersonalskills
● Exceptional Presentation and Public Speakingskills
● Extremely knowledgeable musical ear