My name is Christian Virgil Reyes. I’m a first-generation FilIpino American based in both the Bay Area and New York City, and I am a multi-media creative that has been in the music & creative field for 15 years.
Creating a docu-series hosted by Complex and Pigeons & Planes is a point in my career where my passions came together and resulted in something bigger than me. I completed the entire project on my own, gathering underground musical connections through the domestic and international music industry, shooting b-roll, conducting the interviews, editing all the footage, curating a signature look, creating a deck for the series and pitching it to to multiple platforms, and writing the article to accompany each episode, all of which demonstrate my ability to complete a project from pre-production, production, and finally post-production. See the series at the following links:
Most recently, I spent time working in the Artificial Intelligence sector through Cruise AI. As an Instructional Content Creator at Cruise, I learned about AI projects related to Cruise’s self-driving car model which mapped out the entirety of San Francisco’s roads, utilized RADAR and LIDAR technology, and envisioned the driving scenarios that could occur at any given moment. My role was to absorb AI project concepts, translate them into simple visuals and instruction via training modules and videos, and to help train and teach these materials to international workforces. I gained invaluable knowledge into the burgeoning AI industry that is surely taking the world to the next step of creativity, business, and human living.
It’s also important to note that I’ve been DJing professionally for 5 years now, and plan to ramp up my performances the rest of 2023. I’ve most recently DJed in Manila, Toronto, NYC, SF, and LA for brands like Nepenthes New York, Caos Mote, and Blue Ribbon Pabst. Being in the technical music world allows me to be directly involved in the scene and understand the nuances of the music industry.
My time spent creating content and assets reflecting tech, artificial intelligence, arts, streetwear and hip hop/house music via Cruise, Uninterrupted, Players Lounge, Complex and other production companies has ultimately led to a wealth of knowledge in the media industry. I’m your “swiss army knife” for content — finding ways to “hack” media platforms to resonate with the youth, convey stories that attract a large audience, meanwhile remaining tapped into the core of sub-cultures and international scenes. I see myself as the visual content and storytelling disruption needed in an art and visual market that’s in desperate need of a refresh; a refocus into the cultural stories and movements that matter.
– Copywriting, animation, digital advertising, organic social for Players Lounge, Complex Sneakers
– Presentations and pitch books for multiple creative brands and activations/campaigns
– Content capture—video and stills
– Artificial Intelligence comprehension and content creation;
– Midjourney AI content creation
– Editorial calendar management
– Lead on talent interviews + brand spokespeople
– Short form and long form writing
– Motion graphics, video editing, graphic design 360 event marketing
– Strategy and execution of social media campaigns;Instagram promotional items
– Professional DJing
– Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, Keynote, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Eventbrite, basic HTML coding on Squarespace
My creative work can be seen at www.visuallyaudible.net/chrisvirgilbook . Further work samples are available upon request.
I’d love to have the chance to meet and chat so you can understand my passions, my experiences, and my unique perspective and how I intend to share all this with the role I’m pursuing.
Looking forward to speaking further.
- adobe after effects
- adobe premiere
- Artificial Intelligence comprehension and content creation
- basic HTML coding on Squarespace
- Complex Sneakers
- Content capture—video and stills
- digital advertising
- Editorial calendar management
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop
- Final Cut Pro X
- graphic design 360 event marketing
- Lead on talent interviews + brand spokespeople
- microsoft powerpoint
- microsoft word
- Midjourney AI content creation
- motion graphics
- organic social for Players Lounge
- Presentations and pitch books for multiple creative brands and activations/campaigns
- Professional DJing
- Short form and long form writing
- Strategy and execution of social media campaigns;Instagram promotional items
- video editing