CRYSTAL ARREOLA | (C) 714-683-8744 | email@example.com
Highly motivated and creative electronic dance music industry professional experienced in
public relations, digital marketing, brand building, journalism and media relations.Talented
writer and proficient editor. Effective communicator experienced in creating newsworthy
press releases and managing publicity campaigns. Excellent networker with established
relationships in the industry.
- Public Relations
- Digital marketing
- Social media engagement
- Brand management
- Media relations
- MS Office
- Exceptional multi-tasker
- Superior writer and editor
- Wordpress skilled
- Excel proficient
Press and Social Media Coordinator, Music Journalist,Editor – Oct 2013 to Current
Electronica Life – Los Angeles, CA
- Coordinate and manage social media activity across various social networking channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Raise brand awareness via email marketing, story building and delivering consistent and engaging content.
- Contributed to accomplishments of expansive online growth as Facebook page grew from 100K to 700K fans organically within one year.
- Initial point of contact for artists, managers and publicists requesting press and media coverage.
- Coordinated, managed and edited assignments such as artist interviews, event coverage, track reviews ,etc. amongst multiple journalists.
- Attended and reviewed prominent global electronic music events including EDM BIZ conference, EDC Las Vegas, Tomorrowland in Belgium, Groove Cruise LA and
- Amsterdam Dance Event on behalf of Electronica Life in 2014.
Publicist Assistant – Jan 2013 to Oct 2013
Theory X Public Relations – Denver, CO
- Managed publicity and tour campaigns for artists in the Electronic music industry by coordinating event reviews, pre and post event coverage, news items, artist interviews, etc. with regional media.
- Created captivating press releases and distributed to journalists and media publications.
- Approved press requests for various events and attended local events to coordinate press as publicist.
- Organized various promotional strategies such as artist meet and greets, ticket contests, etc. with artists, media and venue coordinators.
- Executed creative and innovative promotional and publicity campaigns.
- Daily tasks included maintaining press contacts database, media scouting, tracking progress of individual campaigns, press clippings, following up with media, etc.
- Developed lasting relationships with journalists and members of the media.
Contributing Writer – Apr 2013 to Sep 2013
EDM Magazine/ EDM Weekly – Los Angeles, CA
- Wrote and edited articles, reviews,event coverage, etc. for weekly and monthly publications.
- Attended various electronic music events on assignment.
- Completed all assignments by deadline in timely manner.
Bachelor of Science, Mass media and communications studies – 2016
Arizona State University – online
Associate of Arts, Culinary Arts – 2008
Art Institute of Orange County – Santa Ana, CA
Associate of Science, Marketing – 2012
Fullerton College – Fullerton, CA
- Creative writer with a deep rooted connection to electronic dance music and motive to inspire change through music.
- Certified Yoga instructor with a 200 Yoga Alliance certification.
- Hobbies: Travel, yoga, hiking, reading, writing, festivals and shows.