EVELYN C. PIERREPONT
email@example.com ▪ 516-491-5995
Highly motivated, enthusiastic professional, with a B.S. in Accounting, a CPA License, and a versatile skill set. Talented and fast learning individual, who is a forward thinker and is proficient in problem analysis and conflict resolution. Accurate and precise in all tasks, with superior organizational and planning skills, resulting in increased levels of efficiency. Competent professional capable of working in fast-paced and challenging environments. Willing to undertake further training and development to expand knowledge in accounting, business, and finance. Looking to be a team player and add value to a growing firm.
Rosen Kuslansky, CPA, P.C. New York, NY
Accountant 06/2015 – 07/2017
Compilation/ Review/ Audit:
• Participant on engagement teams that conducted audits, reviews, and compilations in various industries, including but not limited to Real Estate, Retail, Wholesale, Manufacturing, Construction, Medical, Asset Management, Financial Services.
• Per the scope of the audit engagement, identified and assessed risks of material misstatement of financial reports due to fraud.
• Performed substantive audit procedures and tests of internal controls in accordance with GAAS to evaluate if the controls are sufficient and effective.
• Corroborated G/L ending balances with client accounts and disclosures by examination of source documents, records, reports, and third-party confirmations.
• Researched any discrepancies, operational problems, etc.
• Generated comprehensive reports on audit findings, as to the fair presentation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, and any identification of financial information material misstatements or severe control deficiencies.
• Collaborate with client management teams to complete audit deliverables.
• Participated in reviews and compilations for public and private companies in accordance with SSARS to ensure proper recording of financial statements that are free from material error or modification and meet regulatory requirements.
• Performed analytical procedures and tests to identify any discrepancies or material misstatements, under the assertion management is responsible for the preparation of the financial statements and the design and implementation of internal controls.
• Prepared year-end financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, cash-flow and footnotes for client as part of agree-upon services.
Bookkeeping/ Financial Reporting:
• Responsible for preparing, examining, and analyzing client accounting records, financial statements, and reports
• Prepared financial statements for multiple types of clients, including Partnerships, LLCs, S-Corps, and C-Corps
• Performed bookkeeping tasks, including reconciling bank statements, analyzing the general ledger, statements, and financial reports to identify and resolve discrepancies
• Managed all client information input and organization in primary accounting software systems, i.e. QuickBooks
• Designed and implemented a sophisticated bookkeeping system for an international client, which included accounting capabilities surrounding currency exchange
• Prepared tax returns for individual/ LLCs, partnerships, S-Corps, and Trusts
• Assisted senior-level partners in preparing pro-forma statements for advising clients on estimated tax payments
• Prepared consolidating/ closing journal entries for pre and post M&A financial statements and ledger balances
• Worked closely with senior-level partners on numerous ad-hoc projects and engagements
• Helped train interns and develop new clientele for the firm
Maverick Capital Partners New York, NY
Debt & Private Equity Financing for Real Estate Development 08/2014 – 01/2015
• Raised capital through debt & private equity financing for large commercial real estate development projects
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate Locust Valley, NY
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson 05/2013 – 10/2013
• Brand Management through self-promotion and new clientele development
• Research and analysis of local real estate inventory and housing market statistics
• Marketing and sales through open houses and mailings
Humes & Wagner, LLP., Attorneys at Law Locust Valley, NY
Clerical Assistant 04/2010 – 08/2010
• Office and administrative support for seven attorneys, covering a range of legal areas such as municipal law, estate planning, estate administration, real estate, tax certiorari, etc.
• Development of an onsite e-file system to organize, update, and improve the existing manual filing system
• Assisted the associates with revisions to wills, trusts and estate documents for multiple clients
Accounting: GAAP/IFRS; GAAS; Bookkeeping/Financial Reporting; Compilation/Audit/Review; Tax; Mergers & Acquisitions, Foreign Currency Translation
Professional: MS Office Suite; QuickBooks; Real Estate industry knowledge, Law knowledge and skills (Trusts and Estates); Proficient in financial data analysis; Excellent clerical and numerical skills; Sales, customer relations and entrepreneurial skills; Genuine business acumen and interest
Academics & Certifications
LIU Post, Brookville, NY` January 2013
College of Management – School of Professional Accountancy
Bachelor of Science in Accounting; Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Certified Professional Accountant License* (Paperwork for License Under Review)
CPA Exams: Passed- FAR; AUD; BEC; REG
NY Real Estate Institute, New York, NY March 2010
Licensed NY Real Estate Agent
- 2010 CPA, real estate license
- 2010/2012 Accounting