I am currently in the United States Army, as s Non-Commissioned Officer(E-5). My current position is a team leader, where I manage 5 personnel below me. I am an accomplished leader with over two years of managerial experience. Proven motivator and innovative strategies implementer, ensuring a safe and secure workplace while meeting assigned deadlines. I will be transitioning out of the military in July 2015, after completing my contract of active duty status.
- civil engineering
- interpersonal communication
- microsoft office
- military experience
- military training
- organization skills
- planning & scheduling
- team leadership
- workplace safety
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Civil & Environmental Engineering, Bachelor's Degree
Graduated Cum Laude, Awarded Deans List in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Completed OSHA 10-Hour Safety Course in 2009.
• Maintained accountability of highly sensitive equipment valued at $15 Million during daily operations while deployed to Afghanistan, resulting in sustained mission support and zero loss over a six month period.
• Oversaw training, administration and logistical support for five personnel during joint operations in Afghanistan, resulting in the successful completion of the mission and team being ranked number one over a six month period.
• Demonstrated heightened leadership potential by being selected over peers to attend competitive month-long leadership course. Graduated number one overall in a class of 110 resulting in a promotion to team leader.
• Coordinated and validated the certification process for five subordinates by ensuring they were properly trained during a twelve-day training exercise. Successful deployment and redeployment with zero incidents.
• Selected over peers to attend challenging fitness school. Placed in charge of the organization’s physical training program. Resulted in the organizations’ compliance with the new training guidelines. Increased the organizations’ overall fitness ensuring 95% of its members achieved the fitness standard.
• Improved daily personnel office actions by maintaining organization’s administrative standards resulting in zero deficiencies.
The TJX Companies, Inc.
Logistics Development Intern
Coordinated and scheduled conferences with vendors. Communicated with vendors directly concerning compliance issues resulting in a decrease in distribution slowdown.
The TJX Companies, Inc.
Created spreadsheet cataloging all engineering drawings, which organized and made drawings more readily accessible to engineers.
Substation Engineering Internship
Managed existing projects. Inspected active construction sites and substations, weekly. Facilitated the engineer construction meetings. Resulted in the engineering team’s common understanding of the site plans.