December 2019 – Current
Chief Creative Director, Art dallas, inc.
· Oversee end to end high-end design projects for commercial, hospitality, and C-Suite clients by employing client’s interview feedback, budget, deadline, and vision.
· Work closely with production team to maintain exceptional brand standards and high-quality work, while keeping true to client’s need, to ensure a high-end experience and value driven creative projects.
· Employ strategic creative and design thinking solutions to meet project deadlines and budgets.
· Clients include Raising Cane’s, Disney Japan, Hilton, Marriott, Doubletree Hotel, The Beeman Hotel (Dallas), Hotel Zaza, Hyatt Place, The Fairmont Hotel, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Mr. X Speakeasy (Dallas), Babydoll’s, Primo’s Restaurant (Dallas), Cajun Coast Restaurant, and LV 29 (Plano).
August 2015-december 2019
Lead Designer & production manager, casino supply co.
· In charge of all graphic design and production of custom gaming felt and poker chip products for commercial and private customers
· Built, promoted, and maintained company brand standards, ensuring consistency across all products and training new hires.
· Maintained rigorous quality control standards across production, including large format dye-sublimation printing, pre-production set-up, and logistics.
· Clients include AT&T, Google, Starbucks, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Nike, i-Heart Media, Blizzard Entertainment, MLB, NCAA, NBA, NFL, Miller Brewing, Pizza Hut, AMC Television, USO, VFW, Little Caesars, and Carnival Cruise Line.
Freelance Graphic Designer & Printmaker, Seri-Tone Press
· Created innovative designs for record companies and recording artists including album packaging, tour posters, and brand merchandise.
· Other niche areas include performing arts with creation of unique theater set design and scenic painting.
· Clients include Fossil, Live Nation, Sun Record Company, Record Store Day, ORG Music, Good Records Recordings, Classic Waxxx Records, NorthStar Artists, Alice Cooper, Margo Price, The Old 97s, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Ray Manzarek (of The Doors), The Polyphonic Spree, Tripping Daisy, Candlebox, The Dallas Mavericks, Granada Theater, The Kessler Theater, AT&T Performing Arts Center, The North Texas Food Bank, Katy Trail Icehouse, and Shiner Brewery.
master of fine arts, texas a&m university-commerce – Dallas, TX
· MFA in Visual Communications: emphasis on design pedagogy; utilizing design thinking and the creative process as a complex problem-solving tool. Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. GPA: 4.0
bachelor of fine arts, mCmurry university – Abilene, TX
· BFA in Studio Art with a focus on fine art painting, photography, and graphic design. Minor in Theater with a focus on production. Electives included radio broadcasting and editorial cartooning (journalism). Recipient of numerous scholarships, grants, and awards. GPA: 3.4
· Recipient of the Making Vinyl Conference “Alex Steinweiss Award” for ‘Best 45rpm Packaging’ –Alice Cooper: Live from the Astroturf” (2017)
· Recipient of the Making Vinyl Conference “Alex Steinweiss Award” for ‘Best Record Store Day LP Package Design’ – “Alice Cooper: Live from the Astroturf” (2019)
· Finalist: “Stars of Texas” Juried Art Competition – Brownwood, TX (2004).
· Finalist: 24th Annual Photographer’s Forum/Nikon College Photography Competition (2004)
· Recipient: Virginia Lindsey Art scholarship – McMurry University – Abilene, TX (2003)
· Recipient: “Most Outstanding Student Artist” – McMurry University – Abilene, TX (2000-2004)
· Recipient: Perry/Bentley 4-year Art Scholarship – McMurry University – Abilene, TX (2000)
· Adjunct Professor: Visual Communications at Texas A&M University-Commerce.
· Continuing research to archive and preserve Texas Roots Music (Country, Blues, and Folk) on phonograph records and related visual design.
· Enjoy traveling the world and experiencing different cultures.
· Listening to music and attending live concerts.
- art direction
- Branding and Identity
- Expert in design thinking
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite software: Photoshop
- Illustrator and Indesign
- Macintosh platform
- Organization and communication
- Packaging design
- Printmaking: silk screen and letterpress
- Project research and ethnography
- Stained glass design
- Undergraduate curriculum development
- UX/UI and web design