9 Harborview Road, Westport CT 06880 203.644.6806 email@example.com
Seeking creative opportunities that enable me to utilize my social media and communications skills to develop effective marketing solutions that will enhance a company’s product reach, productivity and reputation.
Bachelor of Arts, Majoring in Communications (Monmouth University 2013)
Studied radio and television related topics. Gained an understanding of various communication skills such as public speaking, cultural studies, basic marketing, performance, and theory.
NJ EDM (Promotions company) – New York, NY @nEWJERSEYEDM
Promotions Director: January 2014 – Present
· Helped grow company twitter to 20k organic followers.
· Managed and maintained company Instagram with fan interaction and ticket contest giveaways.
· Built strong lasting relationships with NYC clubs via promotion, guestlists and ticket sales.
Nytelife Music Group – New York, NY
Social Media Lead: December 2013 – Present
· Started and built Nytelife’s social media through targeted audiences.
· Helped Nytelife supported artists build their social media fan base across Twitter, Facebook and Soundcloud.
· Constantly updated Nytelife’s social media content as well as continued interaction with followers to build online persona.
RI Entertainment – New York, NY
Intern: October 2013 – Current
· Assisted in day-to-day running of an Artist Management company. Running errands, administrative duties and participating in meetings with clients.
· Filled in for receptionist on occasion, answering phones and client meet and greet.
· Developed new social media plan for company’s Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
· Helped research travel plans for company CEO for multiple domestic and international business trips.
· Performed Nielsen Soundscan and Mediabase weekly to check on artist’s record sales.
Atlantic Records (Big Beat records) – New York, NY
Intern: January 2013 – May 2013
· Performed Nielsen Soundscan music chart analysis.
· Helped plan and book private Miami record label party.
· Assisted management in daily tasks required in running a record label, screening executives phone calls as well as greeting and tending to the needs of labels clients.
· Assisted in production of label music press releases.
· Gathered personal contact info for music blog staff members to send out new releases.
Collective Genre (Online Music blog)
Writer and Trance Genre Manager: December 2012 – 2014
· Set up network with PR companies and small dance music record labels to send to Collective Genre new material to review and blog about.
· Interviewed artists within Trance genre about new and upcoming music.
· Helped run social media of the website (Facebook/Twitter/Soundcloud) and developed an online fan base.
· Promoted Collective Genre at music events (festivals, clubs, concerts) by handing out merchandise and taking photos.
Cumulus Media (WEBE 108/WICC 600) — Bridgeport, CT
Promotions Intern: May 2011 – September 2011
· Pulled sound clips of live broadcasts to send to paying commercial clients.
· Assisted Marketing department in the preparation & organization of a job fair event.
· Set up sound equipment with on air talent for remote broadcasts outside the radio station and organized logistics.
Skills & Qualifications
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Fully proficient in the use of all popular social media outlets, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google + and Tumblr.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Computer savy with extensive software and hardware proficiency covering many operating systems.
- music editing / production
- social media
- talent management