JOHN E. REILLY
22-63 28th Street Apt 2F
Astoria, NY 11105
Results-oriented, dedicated candidate with experience in event and venue management.
Proficient in event operations.
Creative mind with an ability to excel in fast-paced challenging environments
Hard working, goal oriented team player and leader.
AESNYC New York, NY May 17th, 2010-Present
Director of Operations
Director or Operations of one of NYC’s top Venue Management Companies.
Facility & Event Management:
- Scheduling and assigning positions of staff for events and pre/post event cleaning.
- Ensuring a clean space for clients and prospective clients.
- Inventory management and budgeting.
- Works with event producers and vendors before and during event to ensure smooth execution.
- Post venue meetings with vendors and event producers to access any damage to venue.
- Fire Guard, Security Guard, & First AID/CPR Certified
- Working with building vendors such as but not limited to: electricians, plumbers, elevator technicians, contractors, and IT professionals to ensure proper facility maintenance.
- Experience in NYC building codes and operations
- Working relationships with New York City’s high end event producers and vendors.
- Continues to run successful events with diverse clients including Google, Microsoft, Proctor & Gamble, Air France, Rockefeller Foundation, Marchesa, Lexus, Bentley, BMW, IBM, and AOL.
Manager of venue website
- Proficient in WordPress.
- Works with web designer on look and layout
- Edits and adds all information on website
- Takes photos and organizes photo galleries
- Makes all measurement documents for website
- Social media manager
- Creates ad campaigns for marketing outlets such as: BizBash.com, BizBash Venue Guide, & Constant Contact.
SCHOOLWIDE INC. Bohemia, NY February 16th, 2009-May 8th, 2010
Marketing Assistant-Internet Marketing Division & Event Marketing Division
Assistance on marketing plans, event marketing, internet marketing and social media for successful launch of educational blog and video website.
- Assist in selling product to our workshop audience.
- Transportation and set up of event materials.
- Execute events at college venues across New York City.
- Advertising and promotion on social media websites
- Engage educators, teachers, bloggers, and clients on a personal level to facilitate sales.
- Work closely with sales, web design, event coordinators, product development, and marketing director.
- Develop interactive ideas for website and other advertising avenues.
CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO Poughkeepsie, NY January 2007- May 2007
Sales and Advertising Intern
Provided exceptional support to the radio station’s sales and advertising team in all broadcast media and advertising activities.
- Organized and implemented promotional programs.
- Participated in brainstorming sessions.
- Corresponded with a variety of organizations via telephone contact and in-person to successfully promote upcoming station promotional events.
- Participated in the management of client accounts.
- Fostered and maintained solid business relationships with radios station clients, advertising agencies and vendors.
Kappa Delta Phi National Fraternity, Alpha Gamma Chapter 2006-2008
Executive Board President, Vice President, Social Chair, Philanthropy, Special Events, and Promotion.
Academic Achievement of Greek Honor Roll
Awarded as President of the Year – 2008
Earned award of Outstanding Chapter of the Year – 2008
State University of New York – New Paltz 2005-2008 2005-2008
Bachelor of Arts in Media Management
Relevant Coursework: Marketing, Advertising Campaign Management, Media Research Methods, Public Relations, Communication.
Available upon request.
- able to deliver in past paced & challenging environment
- creative problem solver
- event management
- self motivator
- team leader
- venue management
SUNY New Paltz
Bachelor's Degree in Media Management
Please see resume
May 2010 - Present
Director of Operations
Please see resume