MONIKA LEA JONES
email@example.com • 415.377.7480 • www.monikalea.com
BA ‐ Art History. Earth Science Minor. University of California at Santa Cruz. May 2002.
MA ‐ Museum Studies. Curation Emphasis. San Francisco State University. May 2014.
Adobe CS6Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Keynote, Filemaker Pro, Prezi, SketchUp, WordPress.
SKILLS: Art Handling, Consultation, Project Management, Research, Visual Design, Writing.
Children’s Creativity Museum – San Francisco, CA August 2014 – Present
• Propose and complete projects to improve exhibit spaces and/or visitor experience.
• Support the floor staff with leadership in troubleshooting and tech support.
• Maintain the exhibit help desk, prioritize & execute repairs, and report on progress.
• Train floor staff in regards to operating and maintaining exhibits.
• Organize preparation, documentation, installation and de‐installation of exhibits,
exhibits signage, and exhibits A/V equipment.
deYoung Museum, FAMSF ‐ San Francisco , CA June 2013 – Jan 2014
• Public Programs Intern ‐ Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
• Gallery guide in the Kimball Education Gallery / Artist’s Studio.
• Assistant to Artist‐In‐Residence, including gallery setup and maintenance.
• Lead interactive art projects for guests of all ages.
Photograph and Frame– San Francisco, CA April 2011 – May 2014
Design Consultant/Picture Framer:
• Created custom designs to enhance and protect valuable art.
• Handled and framed objects using conservation techniques and archival materials.
• Tracked jobs through multiple phases of progress to ensure quality control.
Art Authority ‐ Application for Apple, iPad, iPhone June 2013 – Sept 2013
Database Researcher/Social Media Author:
• Researched Artists and Major Works including authoritative links on each work.
• Enhanced Application Database by adding keywords for Search Engine Optimization.
• Wrote 16 articles for social media sites: Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.
• Posted daily images and text to Art Authority Instagram account.
Academy of Art University – San Francisco, CA Jan 2008 – Oct 2009
Production Designer/Scenic Painter:
• Managed art department and student assistants for daily shoots.
• Designed over 150 unique settings for acting and directing classes.
• Built, painted, and repaired soundstage sets with construction manager.
J. Sahadi Jewelers ‐ Oakland, CA June 2003 – June 2007
SalesAssociate / Jewelers Assistant:
• Consulted with clients on custom design and sold high-°©‐end jewelry.
• Calculated estimates for repairs, evaluated gemstones, and typed appraisals.
• Ordered parts and organized shipping for private contractors and gem dealers.
• Tracked inventory and created over 1,000 detailed inventory cards with illustrations.
Sesnon Gallery – UC Santa Cruz, CA Sept 2000 – June 2001
Web Master/Installation Crew:
• Re‐Designed website and organized online archive of past shows.
• Created new pages for each upcoming exhibition.
• Worked with the gallery team to install and de-°©‐install artwork.
McHenry Library –UC Santa Cruz, CA Sept 1998 – June 1999
Assistant Reference Librarian:
• Educated students about computer resources.
• Utilized catalogs and online databases for retrieval of research materials.
• Ordered journals and theses through inter-°©‐campus loan.
• Filed books according to the Library of Congress system.
EXHIBITIONS and CURATORIAL RESEARCH:
Artist‐In‐Residence: California Academy of Sciences – Research & Public Programs, May 2014
Site Coordinator on Historical Vessels: San Francisco Maritime Museum, December 2013
Flying Tigers: Hiller Aviation Museum ‐ Boeing 747 Paint and Lettering Restoration, March 2013
California Jewels: Tilden Park Environmental Education Center ‐ Installation & Labels, Dec 2012
Fine Arts Gallery, SF State University: Operations and Project Manager, Fall 2012
The Orientalia Collection: Sutro Library, State Library of California – Grant Research, May 2012
Stillwell (Lost Letters): Fine Arts Gallery, SF State University, San Francisco – Curation, May 2012
Emerging Museum Professionals 2012 ‐ 2014
International Decorative Artisans League 2010 ‐ 2013
The Guild of Natural Science Illustrators 2012
- content creation
- experience design
- project management
- visual development